advertisement

Denon DM41 DAB

Shane2468

pfm Member
What speakers are you chaps using on your DM41?

I'm planning on getting one for the bedroom.

Thanks.

S.

I used Roth Oli RA 1 - not sure if they're still being made. Brother in law is happily using my old Dynaudio Emit M10's with his.

I have a DM41 in the kitchen I use with some KEF in-ceiling speakers (CI160QR) - you probably don’t want to go the CI route but I suspect the Q150s would be broadly equivalent and worth trying with the Denon.

My Dad has a slightly earlier version (DM39 IIRC) with a pair of Q Acoustics 2020i in his study - sounds remarkably good for such a compact and relatively inexpensive system.

I’ve had three of the denon micros over the years and they have all been great. My first proper stereo was a denon dm30 with infinity alpha 5 satellites which I got for my 18th birthday and was excellent. Still have a dm35 in the office and still sounds great with monitor audio BR1s from c. 2006. If it were me I would defo check out the monitor audio range of speakers.

WFH at the moment listening to my DM30 with Linn Katans,
In the bedroom I have a Denon DM40 with Kef in-wall Ci200QS. They work well and no chance of getting knocked off stands.

I have Q Acoustics 3020 with the older DM40 in our bedroom.

I have a Beresford Caiman SEG Dac / Headphone Amp sat on top of the Denon (exactly the same width).

A Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Audio card acts as a Squeezebox Touch clone streamer and is stashed under my nightstand. This feeds the SEG via a coax digital cable.

The SEG is great with my Sennheiser HD650 headphones when the wife is sleeping next to me!

I used a pair of B&W Matrix 804 floor standers for my bedroom system (big bedroom, long story) and it worked a treat - sounded far far better than I expected. I think you could stick some quite nice speakers on the end of one of these and be happy, though I think the KEF Codas mentioned earlier might be a great match.

Having loved my Denon pma1600ne for a long time , a couple of months back I opted for the Denon 600ne for my living room for tv and music duties. Absolutely love both amp. There is something about the Denon sound that really appeals to me. I think it’s very coloured but in a very enjoyable way.

Maybe I’ll keep an eye out for the 41 for the kitchen! Seems very popular

Just purchased a Denon M41 DAB/CD for my eldest Granddaughter.

We spent a while considering whether to purchase the matching Denon speakers, something from Richer, or something used. Eventually went with the matching Denon speakers, they look functional and don’t have a metal tweeter (something I try and avoid)

Looking forward to listening to this system when it arrives.

Stock seems to be hit and miss, hopefully we will get it by Wednesday. G-Kid birthday isn’t till November, but I thought it best to get hold of one before folks buy up units for Christmas.

advertisement

Back