Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon DM41 DAB

Discussion in 'audio' started by Shane2468, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Shane2468

Shane2468 pfm Member

What speakers are you chaps using on your DM41?

I'm planning on getting one for the bedroom.

Thanks.

S.

2. G.smith310

G.smith310 pfm Member

Quad s series sound very good with Denon !

3. julifriend

julifriend pfm Member

I have a pair of Q Acoustics 3020i speakers connected to the DM41 in our bedroom. Very nice.

4. the caretaker

the caretaker pfm Member

I found my old tannoy Mercury f1 custom worked well with my denon dab thingy..

5. johnacurtis

johnacurtis pfm Member

AE100 with mine! Excellent sounding combination!

6. Tillybroon

Tillybroon Member

I used Roth Oli RA 1 - not sure if they're still being made. Brother in law is happily using my old Dynaudio Emit M10's with his.

7. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

Eclipse TD508 with mine in my kitchen system. Sounds excellent!

8. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

9. Alun Rains

Alun Rains Jus Juan Cornetto

I currently have some Monitor Audio Gold GR10’s on an earlier DM M39... Superb.

10. G.smith310

G.smith310 pfm Member

Glad Denon are getting some more very well deserved attention

11. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

MkI Kans and it's a great bedroom system...

12. broadey

broadey pfm Member

Think this shows the Denon is more than the sum of its parts. A true bargain!

Jason P and johnacurtis like this.
  13. bobovox

bobovox pfm Member

I have a DM41 in the kitchen I use with some KEF in-ceiling speakers (CI160QR) - you probably don’t want to go the CI route but I suspect the Q150s would be broadly equivalent and worth trying with the Denon.

My Dad has a slightly earlier version (DM39 IIRC) with a pair of Q Acoustics 2020i in his study - sounds remarkably good for such a compact and relatively inexpensive system.

14. Allaboutmusic

Allaboutmusic pfm Member

I’ve had three of the denon micros over the years and they have all been great. My first proper stereo was a denon dm30 with infinity alpha 5 satellites which I got for my 18th birthday and was excellent. Still have a dm35 in the office and still sounds great with monitor audio BR1s from c. 2006. If it were me I would defo check out the monitor audio range of speakers.

15. Two Bears

Two Bears New Member

WFH at the moment listening to my DM30 with Linn Katans,
    In the bedroom I have a Denon DM40 with Kef in-wall Ci200QS. They work well and no chance of getting knocked off stands.

16. theadmans

theadmans pfm Member

I have Q Acoustics 3020 with the older DM40 in our bedroom.

I have a Beresford Caiman SEG Dac / Headphone Amp sat on top of the Denon (exactly the same width).

A Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Audio card acts as a Squeezebox Touch clone streamer and is stashed under my nightstand. This feeds the SEG via a coax digital cable.

The SEG is great with my Sennheiser HD650 headphones when the wife is sleeping next to me!

17. Jason P

Jason P pfm Member

I used a pair of B&W Matrix 804 floor standers for my bedroom system (big bedroom, long story) and it worked a treat - sounded far far better than I expected. I think you could stick some quite nice speakers on the end of one of these and be happy, though I think the KEF Codas mentioned earlier might be a great match.

18. G.smith310

G.smith310 pfm Member

Having loved my Denon pma1600ne for a long time , a couple of months back I opted for the Denon 600ne for my living room for tv and music duties. Absolutely love both amp. There is something about the Denon sound that really appeals to me. I think it’s very coloured but in a very enjoyable way.

Maybe I’ll keep an eye out for the 41 for the kitchen! Seems very popular

19. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

20. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

Just purchased a Denon M41 DAB/CD for my eldest Granddaughter.

We spent a while considering whether to purchase the matching Denon speakers, something from Richer, or something used. Eventually went with the matching Denon speakers, they look functional and don’t have a metal tweeter (something I try and avoid)

Looking forward to listening to this system when it arrives.

Stock seems to be hit and miss, hopefully we will get it by Wednesday. G-Kid birthday isn’t till November, but I thought it best to get hold of one before folks buy up units for Christmas.

Alun Rains likes this.