advertisement

Delicious Deep House

Another new one on L.I.E.S., and it's a superb deep house track from Florian Kupfer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the crusty hats and rawness to the production with the sound pushed to break-up point, but can't get on with that Happy Hardcore vocal style.

Just saying like. No intention to offend.

Like the crusty hats and rawness to the production with the sound pushed to break-up point, but can't get on with that Happy Hardcore vocal style.

Just saying like. No intention to offend.

completely agree Darrell, was really liking that until the vocal came in. Burial, for example, does the same and I just think it cheapens an otherwise nice track.

and the other side of that Jovonn EP. Garage.......Shelter :cool:

completely agree Darrell, was really liking that until the vocal came in. Burial, for example, does the same and I just think it cheapens an otherwise nice track.

The thing is there's some real cleverness and skill in the timing of the voice which I like, its just the processing of it that kills it for me.

liking some of vakulas stuff -seems he likes to listen to theo parrish and pepe bradock too.

tony L informs me mixcloud feeds are also out of bounds but if anyone wants to hear some live deep house mixes just look up darrylfunk on mixcloud. more going up every week.

Will check those out Darryl, thanks.

Not sure how I missed the new Sprinkles Comp. Just browsing through the tracks and found these gems.

[YOUTUBE]dcny3j0s-g4[/YOUTUBE]

Debating whether to fork out for the vinyl :confused:

Will check those out Darryl, thanks.

Not sure how I missed the new Sprinkles Comp. Just browsing through the tracks and found these gems.

[YOUTUBE]dcny3j0s-g4[/YOUTUBE]

Debating whether to fork out for the vinyl :confused:

love the sprinkles mix cd - tasteful.

some of my mixes can be found by googling - darrylfunk - boiler's broken in our house mix

and - darrylfunk - 'lost' live mix - show 1 - broadcast from chelmsford the home of radio.

loads going up this month... also boogie mixes - deep tech and northern soul and jazz mixes... great resource is mixcloud.

Juno, Phonica, Amazon, Boomkat, all out of stock on the Sprinkles mix. What has happened to the popularity of Deep House out there?

When I was selling those tunes first time around I could name almost everybody that would buy them in our area, order accordingly and put them aside for those peolpe. Of course a copy would make it into the racks, but the core market was very precise wilth little over spill. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted that these sounds have such appeal in the modern world. This music deserves an audience, but the delight is tinged with just a little sadness for what might have been at the time.

Similarly in the clubs people are playing these sounds (not that I spend much time in clubs these days), and again there is an audience. There is a scene. Not so at the time where what I understand as Deep House (well represented by the Sprinkles mix), struggled to hold a 'floor club wise and was resticted to a fairly niche private party scene. In my experience, most of the buyers of this music were not clubbers, and it was a struggle to pull everyone together for a night focused around Deep House.

Funny old world eh? Better shut up else I'm going to sound like Greg's Hiltler rant.

Had a listen to your Broken Boiler mix Darryl, some really nice tracks in there, would've liked a couple to run for a little longer ;)

Darrell, I think I see what you're saying. All I can say in return is get to some House nights and enjoy it whilst it's being played out :cool:

And one for this evening

Got one coming up soon James. Derrick May at Secretsundaze. Should be a good gathering of old friends not seen for too long. Looking forward to it. In fact two of the people I'm meeting there first met when we all went to see him play in Bristol 20 years ago. They just got dancing together and are now very happily married, so this will be a special night for them.

Love was formed around this tune!

i should have another two shows going up soon three if i'm lucky. just seeing if the crew i have done a show for are happy for sharing.

Had a listen to your Broken Boiler mix Darryl, some really nice tracks in there, would've liked a couple to run for a little longer ;)

Darrell, I think I see what you're saying. All I can say in return is get to some House nights and enjoy it whilst it's being played out :cool:

And one for this evening

cheers for listening... these are live mixes so the 'room' dictates the speed of change normally or in the case of the boiler room i was cooking dinner in between tracks... check out my soon uploaded live club mixes. ;)

appreciate that you bothered checking them too ... :)

Thanks for posting it Darryl, and props for mixing while you cook!

My brother's done abother mix > Soundcloud > search Tropidelico by Room

This being one of the highlights for me

advertisement

Back