Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Delia Derbyshire doc-drama

Discussion in 'music' started by Seanm, May 23, 2021.

1. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

2. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

That should be worth watching.

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It is. I watched it last week, very good indeed.

4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

The one that she and Sonic Boom did for Radio 4 was rather good too.

5. Mr Neds

Mr Neds Member

Recorded and looking forward to....

Nytechy likes this.
  6. Big Tabs

Big Tabs “telling it like it isn’t...”

I enjoyed the programme, but didn’t enjoy the acting/dramatisation. I would have preferred a straight documentary. Well worth a viewing.

The idea of her getting wrecked in the studio is debatable, I hope it did happen, but not so sure.
    Certainly Delia was one of a kind, and definitely held back by men, as women are nowadays, still.

Graham H and deebster like this.
  7. Mr Neds

Mr Neds Member

Oh Christ, not the dreaded " dramatic reconstruction" ? That's put me right off

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Don’t be put off, it was very good, and I loved the way Cosey was lurking in the background at times almost as a ghost of the future.

9. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

I was sure sick of that bike being pushed around by the end of it, and as you mention I think it created as many myths as it tried to debunk. I’m familiar with DD’s work beyond Dr. Who, but the programme left me thinking the unthinkable - was her work really on a par with some of her female contemporaries, such as Elaine Radigue, Beatrice Ferreyra, Daphne Oram, Pauline Oliveros, Else Marie Pade, Christina Kubisch?