advertisement

Deep Purple

graystoke4

pfm Member
playing D/P in rock jusus , what an album , before this Who do you think we are ; unbelievable album ,, what a night going to play every purple cd i have so powerful

playing deep purple Made in japan black cover , good night a

next day blog,,, ooouuuch jesus what a night , purple what a band , hung over and having hair of the dog, 06-36 am
playing made in japan at very low level,

They had so many great albums, but Deep Purple's 'Made in Japan' is an incredible album. Recorded on the cheap, with no overdubs, it represents the MK 2 line up at the height of their game.
Listening to the 'porky' vinyl cut, takes it to a whole different level sonically. Recorded nearly a half a century ago, it really begs the question in terms of sonics, where did it all go wrong.

Great video! Never saw DP but saw Gillan a couple of times in the early 80's - he was still banging out child in time, and several others. Smoke on the water always went down well too of course!

Great! But what's wrong with the audience? :confused:
This is how we enjoyed a gig back in the 70's, we sat down listened to the music and enjoyed it, we didn't have to put up with arseholes jumping about dancing, constantly going to the bar for more beer, talking loudly to their mate/girlfriend about how they saw them back in the day at so and so, no mobiles flashing all over the place that are just going to show the heads of the people in front, not having to 'watch' it though the mobile some twat in front of you has lifted it up over his head to get a better recording. No idiots turning round to have you to ask if you can take a photo of them with the band in the background, no selfie pricks. Going to live events were so much better back then, and cheaper too ;) :D

Plus Child In Time ain't exactly a dance song :D

Rant over lol

PS: and it was LOUDER back then too ;)

This is how we enjoyed a gig back in the 70's, we sat down listened to the music and enjoyed it, we didn't have to put up with arseholes jumping about dancing, constantly going to the bar for more beer, talking loudly to their mate/girlfriend about how they saw them back in the day at so and so, no mobiles flashing all over the place that are just going to show the heads of the people in front, not having to 'watch' it though the mobile some twat in front of you has lifted it up over his head to get a better recording. No idiots turning round to have you to ask if you can take a photo of them with the band in the background, no selfie pricks. Going to live events were so much better back then, and cheaper too...

Not a huge fan of Deep Purple TBH, but I fully agree with what you say about modern gigs!

This is how we enjoyed a gig back in the 70's, we sat down listened to the music and enjoyed it, we didn't have to put up with arseholes jumping about dancing, constantly going to the bar for more beer, talking loudly to their mate/girlfriend about how they saw them back in the day at so and so, no mobiles flashing all over the place that are just going to show the heads of the people in front, not having to 'watch' it though the mobile some twat in front of you has lifted it up over his head to get a better recording. No idiots turning round to have you to ask if you can take a photo of them with the band in the background, no selfie pricks. Going to live events were so much better back then, and cheaper too ;) :D

Plus Child In Time ain't exactly a dance song :D

Rant over lol

PS: and it was LOUDER back then too ;)

I’ve been going to gigs since the 70s and I don’t recall any rock gigs where the audience were as static as this (except Yes maybe). My first ever gig was Deep Purple and the whole audience was much more active. Purple are one band where there seemed to be some unspoken agreement among the crowd where as soon as the band came on everyone stood up and stayed standing for the entire gig. This happens less nowadays but we’re all getting on a bit.

Completely agree about the decline in gig etiquette though. All that disappearing repeatedly for more drinks - usually when a more thoughtful song starts that I want to focus on and it’s disrupted by these gits. And the whole phone thing is so annoying. I want to watch the band directly, not through someone else’s phone screen. At one gig (DP as it happens) there was a twat with a big phone about 4 people in front of me (just out of reach) who recorded the entire show. At one point his battery ran out and the obstacle disappeared :)but the bastard had a spare one and seconds later back into view it came :mad:.

A few songs give me a pricking sensation in my eyes when I hear them from pure emotion. Guitar solo on Comfortably Numb, Randy Rhoades on Diary of a Madman and When A Blindman Cries - beautiful song by Purple

I do recall seeing Deep Purple..and the band and roadies passing wine to the front rows..so we can party too!
Purple Passages i bought on 'import' from Virgin...that just meant an extra quid!
I do like Burn and Stormbringer...even though things changed a little.
Shades and Inrock are my faves...the recording of the EMI lift on Fireball is original..miss those loud WEM amp days.

advertisement

Back