advertisement

Deep Purple

I remember being confused hearing a radio announcer say and here is the latest single from Donny and Marie Osmond with Deep Purple... quickly realised it was not the most unlikely collaboration you might ever hear but just a song title

Saw them in 1974 on the Burn tour, Preston Guildhall I think it was...In Rock was one of my first ever albums, alongside Focus III and Close To The Edge

Inspired by this thread I thought I’d give Made In Japan a spin. Wow! Thrilling stuff, just how a live album should be.

Machine Head certainly one of my favourite albums and always have to 'crank it up' for Lazy! Made in Japan definitely a classic.
I'm not normally one for cover versions but bought and really enjoy 'Re-Machined' a tribute to.

Saw them in 1974 on the Burn tour, Preston Guildhall I think it was...In Rock was one of my first ever albums, alongside Focus III and Close To The Edge

Manchester Free Trade Hall ‘72 or ‘73. The “classic” line-up. I was way up “in the Gods” and it was still bl**dy loud!

Before Lazy?

edit: nope wrong - just got the iPod out.........must be at the end of a track, SKoW perhaps? Wrong again.....buqqer, I’m just going to have to listen to the whole album!

Regarding MIE, I only recently got hold of it. I’m wondering whether it’s tha same concert that I recorded off the radio one Xmas in the seventies while at my Auntie Flo’s.

Inspired by this thread I thought I’d give Made In Japan a spin. Wow! Thrilling stuff, just how a live album should be.

Yep, MIJ & The Song Remains The Same are two great live recordings, followed closely by Yessongs, Live Dates, Space Ritual, BJH Live, Welcome Back My Friends.... etc etc.....

Phenomenal music in those early seventies!

advertisement

Back