advertisement

Dedicated Mains / Memera / Roy K Riches

strummer

pfm Member
Well I can confirm that I've been RKR'd & am delighted with the outcome.

I now have a dedicated Memera consumer unit with 4 x 10mm Spurs. Each piece of equipment is hard wired via one of Roy's "Beasts".

The result is absolutely stunning. Open, live sound. Fantastic value-for-money upgrade. An absolute No-Brainer.

Thank you Roy, you are a true Gent! :D

Well I can confirm that I've been RKR'd & am delighted with the outcome.

I now have a dedicated Memera consumer unit with 4 x 10mm Spurs. Each piece of equipment is hard wired via one of Roy's "Beasts".

The result is absolutely stunning. Open, live sound. Fantastic value-for-money upgrade. An absolute No-Brainer.

Thank you Roy, you are a true Gent! :D

I can believe that, I have Roy's 'Beasts' on all my gear now, awsome!
Just waiting to go the whole hog with the dedicated mains. Roy certaintly knoes his stuff!

I've got the cable and consumer unit etc already, it's taking up the floor and all the upheaval that's holding me back. Waiting untill I redecorate the lounge before starting. Have you done all the other upgrades that Roy would have suggested?

I did mine a few weeks ago, within three days I was getting another 30/40% more music. Since then it just gets better and better.

I fully agree with the views expressed above.
I installed my Memera with 9 x 10mm spurs 3 years ago, exactly to the RKR specifications, and everything was just SO much better. The first months burn-in was a roller coaster ride, but then it started to settle down and just got better as the weeks rolled by.

I would never, ever go back to the 6mm single spur which in my opinion was totally inferior, and every other person who subsequently has heard my system is in total agreement.
I've been so impressed with this RKR Mains, that I will be having another RKR dedicated Memera installation for my plasma TV and AV sound system.

Thanks Roy.

A Musician

Yes, I had the full set up as well, although using 6mm spurs.

I'll be doing it all over again when I move this year - 10mm spurs etc.

As you say a 'no brainer' upgrade for the cost involved.

I'm on the Roy and his disciples hate list for saying this but for me its swings and roundabouts: simplistically, RKR treatment = more slam, less flow (and a potential conflagration if you go the whole hog). I'm presuming it suits a Naim system better than mine, although, having heard quite a few RKR'd Naim systems, I was less thrilled than their owners.

Ok

I have a consumer unit (new one) installed about 3 metres away from my hifi - plan was to use one of the dedicated spurs on that to create a ring for hifi only (we are being rewired anyway so cost is marginal).

are you guys saying a memera with seperate tails will make a big difference? and are you all using systems with a naim box of some kind in the chain?

darren

I'm on the Roy and his disciples hate list for saying this but for me its swings and roundabouts: simplistically, RKR treatment = more slam, less flow (and a potential conflagration if you go the whole hog). I'm presuming it suits a Naim system better than mine, although, having heard quite a few RKR'd Naim systems, I was less thrilled than their owners.

Only works for Naim - boll**ks! I've had Naim and now own an active AVONDALE system and the RKR Mains definitely works on both.

Alex S? I wonder if this the same Alex S I've heard about who was unable to notice when his speakers were wired reversed.
If that is the case then excuse me if I ignore his advice and observations.

A Musician

hey guys, where can you get a memera consumer unit with rcd main (required by new regs)? i have inquired everywhere and have been told only for industrial, not domestic installations.

also, what is so special about memera that makes it suitable for our naim hifi? anyone know?

enjoy
ken

Ah, a Roy disciple. 'Suits better' isn't 'only works'. I was able to spot it hence asked Roy for a CD to confirm it before he went off on his JA hissy fit. Anyway, its far less obvious than speakers out of phase; and with Briks it really wouldn't matter either way. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled to have entered Roy's somewhat perverse folklore - has he recovered, by the way? Ken, Roy spent 90000 hours testing 900 different CUs and the Memera was a 'no brainer'.

Roy is a gentleman and if you e-mail him I'm sure he will send you full details of his research.
In my case I got his suggestions by e-mail but in a 160 year old house with 4 fuse boxes it was easier to just take a dedicated spur using 10mm cable! The sound was much improved and was immediately noticable. Perhaps a Memera box etc gives even better results but I was very satisfied for less than £30!!

Simon F

I cannot for the life of me see what difference the consumer unit makes.

regards

Roy spent 90000 hours testing 900 different CUs and the Memera was a 'no brainer'.

For the billionth time, will you please not exaggerate. ;)

Actually, if I recall correctly, he does claim to have "compared" about 10 different brands of consumer unit so, allowing for the 6 week "burn in" time which is allegedly required, this does equate to more than 10000 hours. What a way to spend your life ......

How it's possible to remember the original "sound" when 6 weeks have elapsed is a mystery to me. But perhaps I have a short-term memory problem ?

Not if your megabytes of word files contain a macro virus you can't.

advertisement

Back