advertisement

Dedicated Electrical Installation for HiFi Equipment aka RKR methodology

Cirkus

pfm Member
During a recent clean up of an old PC I have lost the details of the dedicated electrical installation for domestic HiFi as issued by RKR.

Is there any PFMer out there who has on file copies of Roy's recommendations? and if so would you be happy to send them to me "soft copy".

I am not wishing to start a thread to debate the merits, or otherwise, of the RKR methodology as I am firmly a convert who just wants to have the information to hand for reference.

Thank You in advance.

<moderating>

This website does not in any way endorse or condone the bypassing of mains fuses etc as detailed in some of RKR’s writings. It breaches EU/UK electrical safety regulation and will almost certainly impact any insurance claim in event of fire. All modifications to mains must be carried out by a qualified electrician and all equipment needs to be fused in line with manufacturer’s specification and EU/UK regulation.

I find it interesting that a simple request for information from one PFM member to the general PFM community should have a "moderating" intervention and a lengthy one at that.

Why should this thread be subect to "moderating" when a Thread started on Tuesday of this week over on the CLASSIFIEDS Forum under the heading "(WTD):Bits and Pieces for a dedicated hifi mains installation" was allowed to progress without such "moderating" intervention.

I appreciate the need for caution when dealing with a domestic electrical installation and acknowledge the need for the PFM site to divorce itself from subscibing to members activiites, however "moderating" does not appear to be applied equally.

A waste of time don’t go into to much expense have a dedicated radial for your Hifi by all means but if I can remember he stated mem consumer unit the best sounding what a load of :)

I appreciate the need for caution when dealing with a domestic electrical installation and acknowledge the need for the PFM site to divorce itself from subscibing to members activiites, however "moderating" does not appear to be applied equally.

I’d not seen the classified advert, I’ll try and find it later and have a look. The moderation content already exists in the AUP/FAQ to be honest, but whenever I see RKR or mains mods mentioned I reiterate it publicly. As you state I obviously need to be sure my site is fully covered.

Moderation relies heavily on folk reporting posts that are breaches of the AUP, dangerous or whatever, and no such classified ad has been reported.

A waste of time don’t go into to much expense have a dedicated radial for your Hifi by all means but if I can remember he stated mem consumer unit the best sounding what a load of :)

Interesting Koi. Can you back that up with some facts, research or personal experience?

John

advertisement

Back