Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Decca Cartridge

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Theo, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Theo

Theo pfm Member

I have a hankering to try out a Decca/London cartridge. I'd like a London Reference, but that might be stretching the budget - unless somebody wanted to do a part-ex deal with an SME V I currently have advertised on here.

Anyway, let me know if you have anything you're willing to part with.

2. Bigman80

Bigman80 Bigbottle Owner

Not wanting to thread drift, but have you heard a Decca? If not i would recommend doing so before you buy one. They are total erotica to some, and tools for torture to others. I'm in the latter camp BTW

Good luck either way!

Drop John Wright an email....he is very approachable and may have something available.

john@jwaservices.plus.com

3. Theo

Theo pfm Member

That sounds like sage advice from somebody who has been tortured by one :)

It would be incredibly difficult to 'borrow' one, so I have to work on the theory of buy, try and sell on if it didn't work for me. You're right though: I should make contact with John in the first instance.

Bigman80 likes this.
  4. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

And the flip side to that is, mines been in a drawer since I got mc only stage, just got MM compatible one and the Super Gold is going toe to toe the ANJ IO2.

On the right records, nothing is better. I would always advice 2 arms though ...

5. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Good job there are two arms on my t/t :)

one is the Dynavector DV507 MkII, which is usually a good match for Deccas

divedeepdog likes this.
  6. Moonbuggy

Moonbuggy pfm Member

There's a FFSS C4E on ebay at moment (not mine) but it's over priced. No turning back once you lash one of these into the right arm though.

Darmok and andrewrona like this.
  7. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Yes, I've seen that one, and many more. It's because I'm holding out for a London Reference that stops me pressing the button on other options.

8. Moonbuggy

Moonbuggy pfm Member

Folklore has it that If you put a paratrace tip on a C4E, you're pretty much in reference territory.

Theo likes this.
  9. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Now that sounds interesting...

Do you know of such a thing?

10. Moonbuggy

Moonbuggy pfm Member

Not heard one, but I plan to pull the trigger on one next year for my C4E. The Ref uses a paratrace that John sources from Wyndham (Expert stylus) apparently.

11. Bigman80

Bigman80 Bigbottle Owner

Definitely not trying to put you off, just a word of caution.

Good luck with it.

12. Theo

Theo pfm Member

I’ve contacted John - let’s see what transpires

13. youngdand

youngdand Member

I have a supergold Id be willing to part with. I love it, but don't really have the phono stage for it since getting rid of a croft preamp.

It has around 250 hours on it.

Looking for £750.

14. jamie123

jamie123 pfm Member

theres a decca c4e for sale on aos right now.

15. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Thank you for the offer: I'm currently looking at another option.

16. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Thanks for the prompt :)

jamie123 likes this.
  17. andrewrona

andrewrona Active Member

I have a Decca grey available if interested?

18. Theo

Theo pfm Member

You have PM