31 World Gone Wrong
32 Time Out Of Mind (Double Album)
33 Love and Theft (Double Album)
34 Modern Times (Double Album)
35 Together Through Life (Double Album)
36 Bob Dylan In Concert: Brandeis University 1963
37 Tempest (Double Album)
38 Shadows in The Night
39 The Real Royal Albert Hall - 1966 Concert (Double Album)
40 Fallen Angels
41 Triplicate (Triple Album)

Thanks for this, I’ve subscribed. I’ve got a fair bit of Dylan but this will fill some holes at a reasonable price and some of mine aren’t in the best of shape.

I found the jazz and Beatles series pretty good too, hoping this is up to the same standards.

As Mr Wilmot said, "this will fill some holes" - but only if the price and SQ is right. I would think that older fans on this forum will have most if not all of his works and will not learn a lot from the magazines but 3rd and 4th generation fans and newcomers will be the target market. Well done for trying though.

I bought the Jazz at 33, many of which I've still not played. I also bought the Beatles run. They are all decent pressings etc.. But.. they do tend to come with a lot of stuff you probably don't really need.
As for the Dylan.. rather too many that I don't wan't.., and I have most of the early stuff, but I'll keep my eye out for odd ones in the Newsagents

First delivery arrived yesterday. Not had a chance to listen properly yet, but certainly a quiet pressing with decent sleeves and poly-lined inners. Packaging not brilliant, a couple of sleeve creases. Wouldn’t suit a perfectionist for sure; good enough for me though.

Got the Freewheelin’ release in WH Smith’s this weekend. Hoping to get all the early LPs in this series. Just wondered if anyone else has it and does their copy sound to have a scratch in ‘Girl From The North Country’ at several points even though there is clearly no scratch when inspecting the disc? Guess there may be a flaw in the groove or on the stamp. Wondered if I just got a flawed copy.

Jonathan

PS how is that shop still in business. The experience from entry to perusing the magazines to check out to leaving was utterly depressing. They don’t care about their own business, displays or staff. Why should anyone else?

Got the Freewheelin’ release in WH Smith’s this weekend. Hoping to get all the early LPs in this series. Just wondered if anyone else has it and does their copy sound to have a scratch in ‘Girl From The North Country’ at several points even though there is clearly no scratch when inspecting the disc? Guess there may be a flaw in the groove or on the stamp. Wondered if I just got a flawed copy.

Jonathan

PS how is that shop still in business. The experience from entry to perusing the magazines to check out to leaving was utterly depressing. They don’t care about their own business, displays or staff. Why should anyone else?
I picked that up too, not had a chance to listen yet, but I will do later today and report back.

Our local W H Smiths is closing down in December, and chatting to the staff, they think most of the large stores will close, and only the railway station and motorway services branches will survive.

does their copy sound to have a scratch in ‘Girl From The North Country’ at several points even though there is clearly no scratch when inspecting the disc?

No problems with mine Jonathan, it’s an extraordinarily quiet pressing, no vinyl roar and no clicks or pops.

I’d take it back for an exchange if I were you.

advertisement

Back