advertisement

DCC test pressing mislabelled

mjhill1234

pfm Member
Forgot I had this in my collection but I have what is labeled as a test pressing of The Cars but is actually Al Green! Sounds fantastic but tempted to move it on and buy a standard DCC pressing if I’m sitting on a pot of gold with this one! Or maybe it’s not worth any more than a normal one so I should just get on with listening to it!

If this is the one (the catalog numbers match) then it's worth a few quid, but no mention of a test pressing at all, nor a mislabelled one.

https://www.discogs.com/Al-Green-Greatest-Hits/release/3263569

No idea how I missed the fact that LPZ code matches the Al Green one. Thank you that’s brilliant.... so looks like just the title on the sleeve is incorrectly marked.

Likely not worth a fortune then so I may as well enjoy listening to it!

thanks

It has value as what it is, i.e. a DCC Al Green test pressing. The mis-labelled plain outer sleeve adds nothing IMO, it would still be worth whatever it is worth in a stock plain white outer.

It has value as what it is, i.e. a DCC Al Green test pressing. The mis-labelled plain outer sleeve adds nothing IMO, it would still be worth whatever it is worth in a stock plain white outer.

Thanks Tony. For some reason I was convinced the catalog code was wrong but it’s not :). The fact it looks likely it’s not valuable enough to get me a first class return to Barbados I think I’ll enjoy playing it. It certainly sounds fantastic to me

The DCC vinyl was very good; Steve Hoffman mastering, a little over-warm in places to my ears but really nicely done. I’ve got a fair bit; Doors, Strange Days, LA Woman, Surrealistic Pillow, Pet Sounds, Aqualung, Made In Japan and Wes Montgomery’s Goin Out Of My Head (at least that’s what I can remember!). Main omissions for me are the two Joni Mitchell, I wish I’d found them. I just picked stuff up new at random hi-fi shows back in the ‘90s, I didn’t pay collector rates for anything.

advertisement

Back