advertisement

DC Blocker GB closing soon

4 boards, you must have some serious DC to block there.

It is a good thing though.

I also scored some of these EMI filter boards to try, but have been busy lashing up my new LiFePo4 powered Pi Dac to build them yet.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gro...-4-fo-felix-gb-1-ac-receptacle-enclosure.html

ZH3P8XYfKKP4KMtau9QXyB5odJTyDLLFf5yqgyhjWrSFD7WhNzhQDGXQX0P94fwJgmWBQZwGyEaoGweRTqoYxEJH__gTuDdTyvjF8fWJZ_oAzHn-2eFSVk_NhS6BGB7Gcheqa_Tg6YNA3XCWiXkQaveYzhW95zoSgDqzv1UIZaKyfq590B47UaM03tpFYuK32uvtaAnndoIdiSLYidgBtrVZfVdhM72cWzKcKK8AOPyFvcg70eVI3cq58VKwCcpO2Sr0bL3e8u4IhPmEP2Jng5Qj314DEvWnjwTlxJtCcb-SWH_uEPcfIfBgsqJoWsaLBqF60LkuBPoptGEYAZHGN8X7gEaknEmcOJ8HbegPGi2ok0KNgXZWIQ0Ll64WleTseU6vBh0bmn4V9PYDqKJbdXuXcUCX5r6xqODcgWU1ZF1yYPFArdobodvC5o5SPDQICDGkMlUrcoq9P9UhqdzOPsZuNTsjwhleBAJFEkWnZM4ZVQ2VBdbbQL69_N3AMO56ktJPGz4hpRa4F4LfW9bALt0WLNNMaw89zdhDG6Qt1eQ85An_yraT-kp812Vmayr_uE2jE7U98x4A_PMsuObDKoFcR2j4itTmJN3PDlorbsBDiMPf0Fkdnvni3vNSi6EZ3rjUj6MldMGW833SZ0ce8-RXEv9K8E8=w878-h658-no

700 Amps of battery, should be enough.

I too would be interested in a board but am lost as to how to register for this group buy.
Isn’t Peranders on PFM?
Cheers Andy.

It took me a time to figure it out.

Go to the wiki link, register on the site, under the login link top right, iirc. Once you are logged in you can edit the table.

Well I logged in but still dont see how to edit the list ?
I have posted on the thread maybe Per can clarify ?.

Alan

IIRC each board will soak up 2V of DC, I only use one board before my Balanced Mains Transformer to supply my entire rig.

Keep the thread updated when you try it/them to report on any sonic benefits.

The copper in the PCB is massive, so you need plenty of heat..

Did you see the edit button at the bottom of the page?
Hi Chilly,
I just tried again from a different computer but when I tried to log in on the Wiki page Bit defender cut in a said it was unsafe to continue as my password was being forwarded in plain text ?

Alan

Hi Alan,
I had problems as it wouldn't verify my login details, I posted a message on the DIY Audio thread and Pers emailed me and verified my details.
I was then able to log on to the GB page

When you "edit" to register your interest you have to go to the bottom of the page and click on then "Edit" icone
then scroll down the page almost to the bottom and enter your details on the next available line which begins: User I Country I 0 I 0 I
just fill in the first 3 columns i.e. your user name, country and quantity of boards required

Hope this helps

Thanks Graham / Chilly I got there in the end but it just should not be that diffacult ?
Alan

Having read Rod Elliott’s pages on this I think I am going to give it a miss.
His looks like a much more compact and economical option.
Cheers Andy.

Here's mine, fairly simple and straighforward. I use it to power 3 linear power supplies I've built and it works a treat, no hummmmmmmm :

dc_1.jpg

dc_2.jpg

dc_3.jpg
Am I at risk of destroying my system ?

I am planning an active system using mono "QUDOS" modified Naim 110's with Les' minicaps.
My system will require 3 mono 110's for each channel and an active crossover for each channel.
Looking at what you have done with 3 power outlets, could I run 4 power outlets off it ?
(i.e. for 3x "110s" and 1x active crossover)
If so then 2 boards will suffice for each channel, the other option is to get 4 DC blocking boards and put 2 in each case and run 2 power outputs off each board.

Thanks in advance for any advice

I had not, until fairly recently, really noticed hum on my naim kit, but since going active and going from one Hicap and a 250 to two Hicap and two 250 I notice considerable hum on occasions. It comes and goes, but it is annoying when in a quiet passage of music it starts up, really puts you off the moment! Hoping a couple of these will solve my problems. Was going to stick a plug on one end a socket on the other and run my diy hydras probably so 250s off one and hicaps off the other ... thanks for the heads up on the group buy!

Am I at risk of destroying my system ?

I am planning an active system using mono "QUDOS" modified Naim 110's with Les' minicaps.
My system will require 3 mono 110's for each channel and an active crossover for each channel.
Looking at what you have done with 3 power outlets, could I run 4 power outlets off it ?
(i.e. for 3x "110s" and 1x active crossover)
If so then 2 boards will suffice for each channel, the other option is to get 4 DC blocking boards and put 2 in each case and run 2 power outputs off each board.

Thanks in advance for any advice

The limitation is the current through the filter. The DCT03 (mentioned here) has 12 A capacity through the bypass diodes and the caps themselves can handle approx. 30 amps.

@peranders Hi P-A, I guess you never quite got enough interest to hit a threshold, is this group buy dead or just resting? Would appreciate an update if you are able, thanks!

advertisement

Back