advertisement

dBpoweramp - Bluesound Node 2i problem

misterc6

Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did
Every so often when I rip a CD using dBpoweramp for my Node 2i I forget to check the size of the cover image and end up with an 'Artwork Too Large' error in the BluOS app.

I haven't been able to find a way around the problem. I've tried deleting the Folder.jpg image from the SSD that holds all the files for the CD and replacing it with a smaller image (166 kB), also labelled Folder.jpg, and reindexing the music collection but the error message is still there.

I've tried deleting the whole folder for the CD from the SSD, reindexing the collection, re-ripping the CD with the smaller image in dBpoweramp, moving it to the SSD and reindexing the collection again. 'Get info" indicates that every thing is fine including the smaller Folder.jpg file but BluOS still reports the Folder.jpg image as being too large.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I have no experience of BluOS and I might well be on the wrong track but I'm just wondering if the image is embedded in the individual file? And Folder.jpg is being ignored?

Use a tool such as MP3Tag to inspect the individual files. MP3Tag lets you remove current images and add new images.

Good luck.

When I rip using dbpoweramp, the image I select (where I need to do is manually) is automatically downsized to 800 x 800 (if it's bigger to begin with). I have no idea where this option is set, but it must be in there somewhere. This would prevent the issue in the first place.

If you are ripping to FLAC, the artwork is held as a tag in the file as well as in folder.jpg. It may well be that BluOS is giving you the error message because it is looking in the file, rather than at folder.jpg. IIRC the folder.jpg strategy dates to WAV files and early streaming software.

When I rip using dbpoweramp, the image I select (where I need to do is manually) is automatically downsized to 800 x 800 (if it's bigger to begin with). I have no idea where this option is set, but it must be in there somewhere. This would prevent the issue in the first place.

Click on the green icon at the to left of the screen, and select CD Ripper Options. Click on [Options} to the right of Meta Data & ID Tag. Under Album Art at the top you can select the Maximum Pixel Size and the Maximum File Size.

Click on the green icon at the to left of the screen, and select CD Ripper Options. Click on [Options} to the right of Meta Data & ID Tag. Under Album Art at the top you can select the Maximum Pixel Size and the Maximum File Size.

That's really helpful, thank you.

Excuse my ignorance on this, I've set the maximum file size to 500 kB do I have to reduce the Maximum Pixel Size as well? It's currently set to 1000 x 1000.

That's really helpful, thank you.

Excuse my ignorance on this, I've set the maximum file size to 500 kB do I have to reduce the Maximum Pixel Size as well? It's currently set to 1000 x 1000.

Green icon again. Choose CD ripper options. Tags & Filenames you'll see Meta Data & ID Tags. Click options to the right and Maximum pixel size is the first entry. I looks like plain text but you can cluck on the field and change it.

Thanks, @gavreid. But I was aware of that from post #7 above.

Let me rephrase the question, I’ve set the maximum file size within the range permitted by the Node 2i. Does the Node 2i place any limits on the Maximum Pixel Size?

Thanks, @gavreid

The extract below explains everything I needed to know.

With Optimize Artwork enabled, the BluOS firmware is not concerned with the actual resolution of the file (300x300, 500x500, 1024x1024). The limit is only on the size of the artwork file. Bluesound resizes any external graphic file larger than 600 KB but less than 4 MB in size to a 600x600 JPG. Portable Network Graphic files (.png) are also resized and converted to 600x600 JPG.

With Optimize Artwork disabled, ensure the artwork is of a resolution lower than 1200x1200 pixels and less than 600 KB in size.

Thanks, @gavreid

The extract below explains everything I needed to know.

With Optimize Artwork enabled, the BluOS firmware is not concerned with the actual resolution of the file (300x300, 500x500, 1024x1024). The limit is only on the size of the artwork file. Bluesound resizes any external graphic file larger than 600 KB but less than 4 MB in size to a 600x600 JPG. Portable Network Graphic files (.png) are also resized and converted to 600x600 JPG.

With Optimize Artwork disabled, ensure the artwork is of a resolution lower than 1200x1200 pixels and less than 600 KB in size.

Yes I think there might be a feature with the indexing process which overlooks the larger pictures.

Good luck!

advertisement

Back