advertisement

David Amess MP stabbed in Leigh-On-Sea

We have no idea what the motivation at this point. It could be a family member for all we know (most murders are). I don’t see the voting record does any harm, but please don’t jump to any conclusions.

PS He was also a keen supporter of various animal charities.

If it Amess's voting record 'might provide an insight as to what provoked his attacker', then presumably the police would be 'looking out for people linking to such web pages.'

Personally, I doubt they will be. Such attacks are usually a result of mental illness, or a specific, personal grievance. An MP's voting record is way too vague as a means of finding a motive.

If it Amess's voting record 'might provide an insight as to what provoked his attacker', then presumably the police would be 'looking out for people linking to such web pages.'

Personally, I doubt they will be. Such attacks are usually a result of mental illness, or a specific, personal grievance. An MP's voting record is way too vague as a means of finding a motive.

Yes, doing something like this in front of a group of people at a constituency meeting where being identified and caught is a certainty, sounds like a nutcase with a grievance.

Yes, of course you are correct, it was a rather silly comment from me. But I still don’t think linking to it is in anyway mudslinging or disrespectful.

But I still don’t think linking to it is in anyway mudslinging or disrespectful.

Agreed. I have to admit he’d not appeared on my radar, and the voting record shows what he believed in (to some degree, as stated much will be whipped by the party). I’d be happy to be judged on my work and views after my death, I’m sure he was the same. I honestly don’t see it as a negative thing to post; he was a professional politician, that voting record is part of his legacy, his chosen career. As is the animal charity stuff.

How does that add to this thread?
Well, it promoted discussion by eight posters. As to voting record being irrelevant, in precise terms it possibly is, but as an overall indicator of the political caste of the individual it's pretty unarguable. And proved very relevant - sadly - in the Jo Cox case, might it not also here?
How did your post add to the thread?

Well, it promoted discussion by eight posters. As to voting record being irrelevant, in precise terms it possibly is, but as an overall indicator of the political caste of the individual it's pretty unarguable. And proved very relevant - sadly - in the Jo Cox case, might it not also here?
How did your post add to the thread?
Well, we know he was a Tory MP. That was never in doubt so what is your "political caste" comment about and why mention it now rather than when you posted earlier?

You seem to be equating this murder with that of Jo Cox with no evidence whatsoever.

Congratulations on your troll post, you are delighted to have hooked eight posters in a thread about a tragedy.

advertisement

Back