advertisement

David Amess MP stabbed in Leigh-On-Sea

Not good news and my sympathies to his friends and family.
Sadly, I expect we will see more of this as forces in society drive extremism, division and hatred for their own political purposes.

That is appalling , I spent a lot of time in Leigh on Sea at the boat club where I was a member , Killed for doing his elected job, Really sad

Just horrible news. I’ve obviously little time for his party or politics but absolutely no one deserves violence, let alone to die for their beliefs (assuming that is what happened). That is an absolute. A fundamental. Another truly grim and ugly day for UK politics. RIP.

PS I can’t Twitter-up anything at this point, so not the slightest clue as to motive, if any.

Someone sent me a tweet earlier where someone was saying it was a direct result of Angela Rayners comments.

Not sure where this will end sadly.

Someone sent me a tweet earlier where someone was saying it was a direct result of Angela Rayners comments.

Not sure where this will end sadly.
Sounds like an enormously irresponsible tweet and I doubt there is any evidence for it. Statistically, I'm sure the most likely explanation is a random attack by someone with mental health issues.

Awful news, regardless, and another dark day for democracy in the UK.

advertisement

Back