advertisement

Dave Cam’s memoir about to publish. Will you be preordering?

And in today’s instalment he regrets not bringing austerity in sooner and making it much harder than it was.

I can't find it in myself to hate Cameron. My main reaction to his tenure as PM is bafflement that he, as a Oxford PPEist (and, by all accounts, a very able one), could promote a referendum that drove a dagger into the UK's traditions of parliamentary representative democracy.

Someone described Cameron, I forget who, as someone who’s idea of long term planning was to sit down on Monday morning and try to make it through to Monday afternoon. It doesn’t matter how able someone is if they are not thinking long term then it will come back and bite them and it did, maybe it’s his marketing background where long term planning doesn’t exist or he was so focussed on the next days headlines but for whatever reason he, despite his potential to act intelligently, made one of the dumbest political decisions of this century.

691857d3-swns_leeks_mogg_004.jpg

Seemed as good a thread as any to post this.

Joe

"Hardly a return to the workhouse" he said "we only cut £1 in every £100."

Not sure how that equates to 40% sliced out of local authority budgets, but then what do I know about these things.

When you add in all the benefits he gave to the rich, the stats probably make sense.

Stephen

advertisement

Back