advertisement

Dave Cam’s memoir about to publish. Will you be preordering?

I think it will be a fascinating read. Just to see how far self-delusion can take someone.

Unfortunately the book I really want to read won't be written for about another 40-50 years when historians can give a long-term judgement about our present day politics.

I think it will be a fascinating read. Just to see how far self-delusion can take someone.

Unfortunately the book I really want to read won't be written for about another 40-50 years when historians can give a long-term judgement about our present day politics.
You think there'll still be historians?

I do not need to read a book to find out that people from with a background of money and private education have zero knowledge of the lives of the people they choose to consider they should represent and lead.
One thing that you cannot lay at the door of Cameron is common sense and decency.

I agree with you palacefan (bad luck for today bytheway) which is why I am so sceptical about a lot of members of the PLP, past and present such as Lady Nugee, Seumas Milne, Andrew Murray, Tom Dalywell, Lord Longford,etc etc.......when they pontificate about matters so far removed from their everyday experiences.

GI4.jpg

I'd rather have sex with a pig's head than line that wicked, incompetent fool's pockets, but I might read the interesting bits over a coffee in Waterstones.
I'm not sure they'll stock it. On the radio this morning they were saying that the shops were staying away because they were afraid that customers would leave in disgust.

I agree with you palacefan (bad luck for today bytheway) which is why I am so sceptical about a lot of members of the PLP, past and present such as Lady Nugee, Seumas Milne, Andrew Murray, Tom Dalywell, Lord Longford,etc etc.......when they pontificate about matters so far removed from their everyday experiences.
Thanks very much!.........cheeky bugger.

I'm not sure they'll stock it. On the radio this morning they were saying that the shops were staying away because they were afraid that customers would leave in disgust.

I can’t imagine it selling as Cameron is such an untalented uninteresting person who achieved absolutely nothing. As such I can’t see a retailer wanting to invest at the new release buy-in price. This thing has ‘£1 remainder’ written all over it. Expect to see it stacked up in Poundland or wherever within a few months.

Cameron apparently writes about taking drugs at Eton and Oxford in the book. He feels mortally wounded by the way his friend Gove went Leave doolally and attacked him and the government. He dislikes Johnson for suspending Parliament and says BJ and Gove behaved in appalling ways during the EU Referendum.

He doesn't regret calling the EU Referendum. However he got badly depressed when he realised some people will never forgive him.

I certainly won't. Cameron is a cowardly, reactionary pig head mauler.

Jack

We’re all going to look rather silly if "For the Record" is really the history of vinyl through the eyes of a The Smiths fan.

We’re all going to look rather silly if "For the Record" is really the history of vinyl through the eyes of a The Smiths fan.

No, Cameron is a fan of The Jam. 'Down in the Underground Station around Noon' is his favourite.

Last edited:
If anyone would prefer to line Murdoch's pockets rather than Cameron's, it's being serialised in The Times.

I think Jack may have given away all the best bits already though, except that Cameron is also sort-of-half-backing a second referendum.

I can’t imagine it selling as Cameron is such an untalented uninteresting person who achieved absolutely nothing. As such I can’t see a retailer wanting to invest at the new release buy-in price. This thing has ‘£1 remainder’ written all over it. Expect to see it stacked up in Poundland or wherever within a few months.
An Operation Yellowhammer-proof stocking filler this Christmas?
worldofbooks.com- “2 people are currently looking at this, more than 20,000 available”.

Last edited:

I'd argue that we should expect to be offerred to be *paid* a few quid to have a copy. If nothing else, it might help him give back to us what he got paid as PM to cause so much damage. And I don't just mean Brexit. Without him, no-one in their right mind would have allowed a posh wallpaper maker to run the UK economy into the ground. 'Austerity' was one of the factors that led to where we are... just in time for BoJo to trip over that Magic Money Tree they had hidden away in a back garden all the time! 8-]

The M6 Toll road near Birmingham used pulped Mills & Boon books for part of its foundations. Perhaps they’re planning an extension.

advertisement

Back