advertisement

Dac TV & DVD How big an improvement?

marvan

On the banks of the Tay
Hi
I was thinking of getting an external Dac
How much of an improvement would I get with my Panasonic Tv (HD) and Hard Disc Recorder using the "optical out" through a 2 channel Naim system?
Is it worth it?
Any advice?
I am aware of the source first philosphy so how much should I invest?
Has anyone experience of the Teddy Dac?
Cheers
Marvan

We have our sky box and blurry player hooked up to use our Naim Uniti's DAC. A great improvement over using the analogue output from both.

Yeah my Bly ray, Apple TV and Bt vision box all go hdmi into my tv which then has optical out to my beresford bushmaster dac. Would connect them straight to the dac but living room arrangement/cables required would make it pretty untidy. If you don't have a dac already you prob don't need to spend a fortune- something like the bushmaster would be an ideal starting point for less than £200 and you could move it on easily if you upgraded/didn't like it.

We have Panasonic freesat HD TVs. A dacmagic did not do much to improve SQ but a Benchmark HDR certainly did. Some TVs and recorders have respectable sound, others are shocking.

Hi

An update

I have just had a listen to the Naim Dac and with a Naim source and it sounded fantastic.

I listened to it with a Panasonic DVD Source through analogue output into a preamp and then the digital output into the Dac and was underwhelmed by the difference.

I suppose if confirms the source first principle

A few thoughs only

Cheers

Marvan

advertisement

Back