advertisement

Cyrus Unofficial forum : closed

I'm on here too...had gone looking for the forum a few weeks back, had no luck, and tried again today.

Thought I'd do a quick web search, and found you chaps lurking here...

The original forum which Robert archived seems to still be available ... It only goes up to 2016 but it’s better than nothing. And there’s a snapshot from early February on the Wayback Archives ...

5th May appears to have been the last entry.

I attempted to mail Robert via the wayback pages, but who knows if the message will get there...

Very sad to hear of the CUF closing down, it was the first Hi-Fi forum I joined back in 06 I believe (different username) but it’s nice to see some familiar guys on here like, ‘hifi nut’ from Birmingham I think?

Robert is a first class gent..

Great to have you here funkit and yes Birmingham is current residence . And yes I suspect the burden of coping with the spammers was too much for Robert. Even other forums which are bigger regularly have to upgrade to avoid the spambots

Thanks for your kind words, I’ve not been looking in many forums of late but I’ll stick around here, it’s a great forum is PFM

I don’t know anything about the Cyrus forum as I never saw it, but you are all very welcome here on pfm anyway. It would be good to see more Cyrus & Mission content and I know we have quite a few users of all eras here.
Tony, I'm pretty sure that Robert was a member here under the name of Robert Cyrus (should be Naim), but I don't see him on the Member list now. Maybe you would still have some details somewhere? Nobody has anything but good to say about Robert and all the effort he put into CU, but it would be reassuring to hear he is OK and has voluntarily closed the CU site.

Another one in the 'first forum I ever joined' camp back in 2004. If Robert does get around to reading here - hope all is well, another South West back-off one day?

Glad I managed to find you lot. I've been working out in the States for the last 5 months. So I realised that CU was down a week or so ago and then today when I checked and gladly found this thread. Glad everyone who's popped up here so far is doing ok. Yep need to see what the crack is with Robert. The Spam was crazy at points.
@ Maro when are you planning this Brummie bakeoff ? I back home for xmas, then probably back out to the states for 3mths at the start of the year.

Glad I managed to find you lot. I've been working out in the States for the last 5 months. So I realised that CU was down a week or so ago and then today when I checked and gladly found this thread. Glad everyone who's popped up here so far is doing ok. Yep need to see what the crack is with Robert. The Spam was crazy at points.

Hi Caine haven't heard from you for a bit!

In hiding; well not really - come out to SoCal to deal with a train hitting one of our premises. Very unusual situation. Lots of sun and pretty things to look at, no hifi other than a crappy soundbar in a corporate apartment with paper walls and a neighbour that can hear when you fart. If I do head back out then will bring my headphones and will invest in a decent HP amp/dac. To be honest I thought the Bel Canto Dac1.5 did a bloody good job on that front; but i sold it when I moved five years ago. I may go for what ever Bel Canto is replacing it with. Long term I could do with a 2nd system in my office at home which is good for headphone or an active system i.e. KEF LS50W

How's things in Paris ?

ah wonderful to have you on here caine , never forgot the pre 3 vbs you loaned me. i have one now for a fair while and its pretty stonking good . the dac 1.5 is very good , hope you get another decent system . A train hitting one of your premises ?? the mind boggles !!

advertisement

Back