advertisement

Cyrus PSX as a NAC PSU??

Linnik

Flat Earth - Source First
Hi!

Have you ever used a Cyrus PSX in conjunction with Naim preamps? It seems to give a suitable voltage and be a hefty regulated PSU for a good s/h pricing.

Been thinkin if it would be a best buy for my NAC.

Any experience or information on the PSX capabilities on this respect? :rolleyes:

Oz

I have to confess that I based the comments on the APX2 connected to a CD3.5, solely on the feedback from just one gent who had tried this combination. How wrong I was. Since, there's been a quite a number of owners who tried the APX2 with the CD3.5 and who have awarded it an unconditional 'thumbs up'.

Currently, I have a CD3.5 here and the APX2 does seem to enliven this player without any of the attendant problems associated with CD replay.

Originally posted by fatmarley
Read this thread, not that it helps.:confused:

Cyrus

Thanks Fat!

I am aware that the PSX-R has two or three different voltages to serve. One of them is 24 or 25 V so it would be splendidly suitable for Naims for that aspect. Quite meaty it looks too, with hefty transformer and capacitor arsenal. It is also clearly cheaper than Hi-Caps s/h. Been thinkin to try but bought a DIY Hi-Cap from Germany even cheaper now. That is promised to electrically match with a Hi-Cap. Let's see how it plays..

Well the APX would be so fine for sure. Somehow I trust Les's stuff but he never answers me twice so I have not managed to buy anything from him.. Would like to have some Schottky cards and other stuff. Would not like to start calling after him by phone from Scandinavia. Naughty Les!

Oz

...............but which email address did you use Oz..??
Try - [email protected] - it works every time as far as I'm aware.
Don't though, do as some folks do - send a six page missive containing a dozen enquiries as to how X compares with Y and what should one eat for breakfast etc.......you'll have to work all that out for yourself, sorry.

Originally posted by LesW
...............but which email address did you use Oz..??
Try - [email protected] - it works every time as far as I'm aware.
Don't though, do as some folks do - send a six page missive containing a dozen enquiries as to how X compares with Y and what should one eat for breakfast etc.......you'll have to work all that out for yourself, sorry.

Thanks for your answer Les!

Sorry for questions (not pages anyway!). It happens to be that way with us novices that we tend to ask questions from persons we trust really are able to say how things may be and should be. It's the thirst of knowledge to go further. And hi-esteem for the stars. It's the curses of your infamous reputation, Les!

I will mail you later time in 2004 Les. Before that I'll see how some additions on my system will perform together. Third poweramp and PSU for NAC and should also build up a PSU for the LP12. Got a transformer already. Changed Naim main bearing to the LP12 few weeks ago but can listen not earlier than after building the Geddon.

How many of you have Naim Audio main bearing in your LP12, eh?

Merry Christmas to you all!!

Oz

advertisement

Back