advertisement

Cyrus 7 cockup

blackcabmal

I have connected tape out on cyrus to tape in on integrated amp and TT to phono on integrated,it works but cyrus is not controllable Vol etc only integrated is controllable Vol etc.

Hope this makes sense,have i connected correctly.

Thanks

you need to connect the other way round. tape out from the integrated to tape in on the cyrus.
Regards,
jim

turntable -> 'phono' input of integrated amp -> 'tape out' of integrated (amp with the phono stage you are using) -> line in of Cyrus 7.

Speakers connected to Cyrus 7, volume control of Cyrus 7 used.

Does it not use BFA (inverted bananas) like most Cyrus amps? If so then the milty universal plugs are hard to beat IMO. In the mean time, if the cables are thin enough they will push into the sockets, just make sure you have no stray strands that could cause a short.

Does it not use BFA (inverted bananas) like most Cyrus amps? If so then the milty universal plugs are hard to beat IMO. In the mean time, if the cables are thin enough they will push into the sockets, just make sure you have no stray strands that could cause a short.

Your right,
I managed to get some converters from an ebay site which was recommended by a mod over on hifi world forum.
Do all new amps have these type of connecters now? or only the ones tied up to european law.
Anyway thanks for the recommendation

Murray

BFA plugs where a try to set a new (more safe) standard, not a succesfull one though.
Some companies still use them, but it is not the dominating solution.

HiFi is not the easiest market to standardise, most brands seams to make an effort to invent their own standards, much like apple.

advertisement

Back