Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Cymbiosis Signature LP 12 Half of New Price

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by FrancisClement, May 17, 2019.

1. FrancisClement

FrancisClement pfm Member

OK, now £6995

FF

2. FrancisClement

Bump for the weekend

3. FrancisClement

PM replied,

4. FrancisClement

PM replied. yes it is still for sale.

FF

5. FrancisClement

must go up again

6. George J

George J Herefordshire member

For certain I must say that I have listened to music on this particular LP 12, albeit several years ago now, before I gave up flying.

I was invited by the seller to his family house for a week and I was shown not only this turntable but others of tremendous quality.

I had a Rega P3 [bought new] at the time and I got quite befuddled by the various cartridge and decks, so I begged that we just should settle down to listening to some music with just one turntable. I was asked what deck. I elected this LP 12, and for the second half of the week we simply dug into the seller's record collection and some LPs I had brought.

It was glorious. I am no special enthusiast for LPs, but that half week was the best I ever heard so many wonderful LP records relayed.

It staggers me that at half price someone has not snapped this up.

It does surprise me that at the price of a new LP 12 of this sort of spec it would be beyond someone to actually audition the thing. I am guessing that they might well be hooked!

Not wishing to interfere, but if what we were discussing were an ageing £300 [at new] Rega deck. then it would be less of a surprise to me to see this not happily re-homed.

Best wishes from George

7. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

I too am surprised that this hasn't found a happy home.

I've bought a few things from Frank over the years and anyone interested in this awesome deck should buy with confidence.

@FrancisClement -- all best wishes to you and yours from NYC!

--Joe

8. FrancisClement

Yes George or shall I re-use Fredrik Fiske, that was a very enjoyable few days.

You had moved up from the Rega to a CD based system using the CDS2 and we played some of mine and your remaining vinyl. Regas play records but my LP12 plays music from all genres, classical, Jazz, Rock etc!! The ARO, Keel, Khan and Ebony plinth results in an uncoloured and involving experience that many visiting Cymbiosis can confirm. I still enjoy it but alas my LGLL means that I must make the sacrifice.

I have "been there" and now there is the opportunity for someone else to benefit!! A London dealer has virtually the same deck advertised at £9995 so this is a steal!!

FF

9. FrancisClement

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I am also surprised but we are patient.

FF

10. FrancisClement

e-mail sent with photos

11. FrancisClement

Weekend bump

12. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard pfm Member

I would buy it in a heart beat, I just don't have a spare 7.5k knocking about! :(

13. FrancisClement

I reduced the price!!

I am open to reasonable offers though and might split depending on interest.

FF

14. FrancisClement

PM replied

15. FrancisClement

Reduced again - £6000 but no service - it doesn't really need it.

FF

16. FrancisClement