Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Cymbiosis Signature LP 12 Half of New Price

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by FrancisClement, May 17, 2019.

1. ellamoo

ellamoo pfm Member

Frank - sorry to hear of health issues and hope all goes well. Can I get in touch as we are thinking of relocating part of year in El palo -for some reason cannot send private PM

Best wishes

2. FrancisClement

FrancisClement pfm Member

Hi Ellamoo,

You have an e-mail,

FF

3. lencotweaker

lencotweaker Mostly dreaming of record players

I’m not quite sure how a Cymbiosis LP12 is described earlier, by implication, as a ‘sullied’ LP12.

On the old Linn forum, Peter Swain was regarded as the defacto, factory approved, cult hero of everything ever said as gospel about LP12 set up. LP12 lore has it that a Swain LP12 is the ONLY legitimate LP12. Peter does apparently choose non-Linn parts sometimes as the best of the best components but in every case this was done demonstrated via otherwise identical decks to hear the difference yourself. There is nowhere in the world you can hear so many variations of LP12 on back to back demo’s in such a detailed and extensive fashion.

There were others, like Derek Jenkins (RIP) who could set up a Linn just as well and in fact many of those non-Linn parts were Jenkins designs. There is no rocket science behind the set-up process since Peter himself published those ‘howto’s’ many years ago but for those who like to buy-in to the best an LP12 can be, an LP12 in max Cymbiosis spec is as good as the Linn gets according internet legend.

I’m not batting for the Linn here as the ultimate in vinyl playback per se as I have very different tastes. I don’t own any Linn products and have never been a customer of Cymbiosis or Peter Swain but I do recognise where a hard won reputation precedes a product.

Good luck with the sale Frank. Those potential buyers will already know where this one sits in the LP12 pantheon...

jackbarron, Gaius, deebster and 2 others like this.
  4. FrancisClement

Thanks for the clarification about Peter Swain's work. The asking price includes a return to base for the magic touch!!

FF

5. ovlov854

ovlov854 pfm Member

[​IMG]

haveanotherbump!!!!!!!!

6. FrancisClement

Hi Martin, Thanks for posting the photo again, the others seem to have disappeared, could you put them up again?

Thanks

FF

7. ovlov854

ovlov854 pfm Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The way I did it before did not work so I uploaded all your pics onto my image hosting site, Imgur
    It is quite easy to use and a doddle to use and post.
    My children tell me I'm technically challenged so a useful exercise to do it with your pics
    Anything to help a fellow LP12 sig sale

8. FrancisClement

Thanks Martin,

Good to have photos for the weekend.

FF

9. FrancisClement

Lots of interest but nothing acceptable so I will leave it until Autumn. Thanks for the interest,

FF

10. Ponkbutler

Ponkbutler pfm Member

Oh, wow, Frank! I'm so sorry to hear the news and wish you all the very best for the bucket list and more. Make sure it's a long one!

For anyone reading this, I too, can confirm that this will be about as good as an LP12 can get. The Aro is a very special arm and Peter knows exactly how to bring a great combination together, persevering to find solutions other dealers try hard to emulate.

11. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Looks a beauty and built by the best. Ignore any chancers, the right buyer who knows and appreciates what this is will come along.

Best of luck with everything.

12. FrancisClement

Thanks Ponk and Ponty, it certainly is excellent and Peter will breath on it again for the right buyer. I forgot to mention that I could take a much lesser LP12 in part ex as I intend to keep my vinyl.

FF

13. FrancisClement

PM for more photos

14. FrancisClement

Offers???????????

15. FrancisClement

Bump for the weekend

16. FrancisClement

Weekend Bump!!

17. FrancisClement

September bump.

The sale has fallen through and so it is back up the pile. PM me for updated photos.

FF

18. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I’m not in a position to buy your lovely LP12 but I’d just like to wish you well... so here I am wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

19. Emil_F

Emil_F pfm Member

Frank, I hope you are getting better, my thoughts are with you. Good luck!

Emil

20. FrancisClement

Thanks Emil, I have LGLL, a form of leukaemia which has reduced my immune system. It is not acute but I need to avoid infections which could be really serious. Fingers crossed!!

FF