advertisement

Cyclists to be awarded equality with motorists.

Use the traffic cameras and cyclists or their bikes to have an id number. Same as other road users do.

And who is going to enforce the number plates?

Have you never seen the Elises, Lambos, Evos, MX5s etc with no number plate? Unenforceable.

The answer is, just don't kill people or you might be prosecuted.

On the subject of scooters, there are many in these parts.
Banks of them.
I know little about the rules on riding them or even where they are supposed to be ridden.

I do know they are ridden by youngsters without a driving licence with two on a scooter.
The lack of regulation does not bode well for road safety.

There are legal requirements for bikes. This already happens. Do you understand the term ‘disproportionate’?

He was also riding what is known as a fixie, you can brake by stopping pedalling.
He had no front brake. Rear wheel only braking is next to useless and illegal in itself - as you must know.

And I’ll say this again.

Scuba divers take pretty thorough courses. Some die.

Motorcyclists pass strict tests, but many still ride like c***s and die.

Pilots, mountaineers, ooo car drivers, lorry drivers….

How the hell will YOU make sure cyclists alone will obey the law?
All of the above illustrate how extra training is required for larger vehicles, planes etc. A lower bar is set for, say, riding a moped but this obvious logic does not compute with people who think cyclists should ‘take a test’.

I give up. Should we have a test for pedestrians & joggers?

He had no front brake. Rear wheel only braking is next to useless and illegal in itself - as you must know.
Yes, existing regulations exist this is why I don’t think more laws are needed. To be honest, bring it on but close all the ways banned drivers manage to keep driving first.

There should be mandatory licences to ride a bike on a public road and it should also have a points system in place. Ok so it may be hard pushed to ‘ban’ offenders from cycling after hitting a high level of points but you can sure as hell fine them and put them on cycling proficiency courses.
At what age would a licence be required? Just thinking that most children learn at an age well below the age of criminal responsibility.

Two or three times a week when cycling in town someone will step on to the road in front of me without looking. They don't all have phones in their hands (many do however).

I think that they assume that they will always hear a motorised vehicle, if they hear nothing they assume it is safe to cross the road usually with their back to the traffic taking a diagonal line (the shortest route in their heads).

Two or three times a week when cycling in town someone will step on to the road in front of me without looking. They don't all have phones in their hands (many do however).

I think that they assume that they will always hear a motorised vehicle, if they hear nothing they assume it is safe to cross the road usually with their back to the traffic taking a diagonal line (the shortest route in their heads).

Always cycle with a playing card attached to the chainstay with a clothes peg!

advertisement

Back