advertisement

Cycling app ?

AudioAl

pfm Member
Can anyone recomend a cycling app ?
I have been out on my bike twice in my new location and got lost both times :D
It would be good if I can mark a location that I want to visit the see a route I have traveled so I can get back
Cheers :)

Depends upon what device you have, some bike computers have mapping, some don't. Strava is good for exploring routes near home, the files can be imported directly into the cycle computer.

Plenty of my colleagues us apps on their phones and there are quite a few - map my ride, Strava, Garmin Connect and various mapping applications. I can't say I was desperately impressed with any of the them when I tried them (and the battery life was a problem on longer rides) so I mostly use a Garmin Edge which has mapping and navigation capabilities (and is pretty good if you load the route before your ride).

Simple app on your phone = Strava or Komoot, both good.

Or another gadget showing a map on the handlebars (assuming you don't want to strap your expensive phone on...) - I got a Garmin Edge Explore and think it's wonderful. Map, directions, tells you if you going the wrong way ;). But they're not that cheap, around £200 now (£140 last summer in an Amazon sale).
Works really well offroad too. I actually bought mine for the off road King Alfred's Way route, and was well worth it - 5 days and would have been a nightmare without it.

advertisement

Back