advertisement

Cutlery

S-Man

StrivingON
Any suggestions for well balanced 18/10 SS cutlery for everyday use?
Classic/plain design preferred.

The well balanced bit is very important, I am sick of our existing cutlery pirouetting off the plate when picking the plate up :mad:.

Ideally I would like to buy 12pcs each of knife, fork, dessert spoons, tea spoons and a few serving spoons. I can't find any sets that don't include loads of other bits and pieces that are not needed for day-to-day use.

I use Viners Studio which is still available and a classic mid-century modern style (Amazon). Nice enough to attract comments. Mine is the modern version as linked and very decent quality for a non-crazy price.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I use Viners Studio which is still available and a classic mid-century modern style (Amazon).

It all depends what anyone wants, but that is more expensive than the other cutlery linked to above. The Viners works out around £2.20 each.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Any suggestions for well balanced 18/10 SS cutlery for everyday use?
Classic/plain design preferred.

The well balanced bit is very important, I am sick of our existing cutlery pirouetting off the plate when picking the plate up :mad:.

Ideally I would like to buy 12pcs each of knife, fork, dessert spoons, tea spoons and a few serving spoons. I can't find any sets that don't include loads of other bits and pieces that are not needed for day-to-day use.

Go to Ikea, John Lewis or your local indy houseware shop and handle a few. What you think has the right heft / balance might not work for others.

I would personally avoid anything with a plastic / wooden handle, partly taste, but partly something to crack and fall off.

We just use one piece items. They are well-balanced as there is no good reason to not be. Anything else is just showing off :)

This looks the most tempting at the mo:
https://www.philipmorrisdirect.co.u...set/?msclkid=1df2661b17c71fbdafc305cb20d9d6c3

Just hope it's got a decent CoG.

I must say my own experience is that @Seeker_UK is right, though it only became clear to me when I read the post. I'm sure you can make a satisfactory decision on the basis mainly of what it looks like. But really, holding it matters a lot. I dunno what to say -- buy a few on the web which you can return, and chose the one which looks right and feels right.

advertisement

Back