advertisement

custom guitar amp/combo cabs

HairyHaggis

<((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.
i'm thinking of resetting an amp i have into a custom cabinet, purely for home use. i like the look of the stuff i see here:

https://amprestoration.com/

and i'm thinking of a pine finish:

custom-2-tone.jpg
stained-tweed-super-cabinet.jpg

but these guys are in texas and so far, i haven't been able to find anybody in the uk who could do similar to a similar standard. does anybody here know of possible builders?
cheers

Looks good! If you are going for a classic design, e.g. Fender Princeton, Twin, Vox AC30 or whatever I assume detailed plans would be googleable, and if so any competent furniture maker should be able to knock one up.

Any, repeat, any cabinet maker can make something like that. I'm no cabinet maker but give me a router and a weekend and I could knock that up.

Walnut would be well cool. Or birds eye maple if you want bling. Arts and crafts pegged oak?

Just had a look at the site, he has one that's covered in Louis Vuitton logos. That's tasteful. Very tasteful.

Any, repeat, any cabinet maker can make something like that. I'm no cabinet maker but give me a router and a weekend and I could knock that up.

sure thing. i'll pop a router in the post, pick the cab up monday ;)

Just had a look at the site, he has one that's covered in Louis Vuitton logos. That's tasteful. Very tasteful.

umm, yep, that's the look i'm going for :)

But not stained pine ffs unless your music reflects the necessary taste bypass.

nooooo, was thinking waxed or similar, with good/nice grain and good colour

Looks good! If you are going for a classic design, e.g. Fender Princeton, Twin, Vox AC30 or whatever I assume detailed plans would be googleable, and if so any competent furniture maker should be able to knock one up.

good idea, that should/will be my next port of call.

Walnut would be well cool. Or birds eye maple if you want bling. Arts and crafts pegged oak?

would be nice but i'm thinking of the sonic qualities. these woods do give a hard-edged sound, while pine is more rounded, more of the mids coming through. 'sides, birds-eye would clash with my new aaa birds eye neck strat :)

advertisement

Back