advertisement

Current weather...

hifilover1979

Bigger than you...
It's cold here; sounds like it's much colder further up North!

Our back gardens have been solid all day; they're even whiter & more frozen over now...

Currently -2.5ºC and dropping fast; it's not got over 3ºC here today, dropped to -6ºC last night...

House was 11c internal when I got home, brilliant.

I’ve a porch at the back of the house some mornings it’s about 8 degrees despite having a 2.2kw plinth heater installed takes about four or five hours to get up to about 18 degrees by which time the house is unbearably hot.

Absolutely no insulation and full of windows.

Very cold in Sheffield, I cycled out to Castleton yesterday evening thinking MF it could be the last one in a while. I reckon it was around 1 degree at the coldest, full of cold today.

Really dislike Winter.

Huge amount of head scratching on our cycling club ride leaders WhatsApp group. Should be able to get out there and avoid the ice but we've yet to decide on the safest route. Decisions, decisions and people we need to keep safe.

I think it got down to -2° or so last night, supposed to be a bit colder tonight, maybe -5°. Clear skies earlier revealed a fantastic full moon shining brightly.

Dining room where I work didn't quite make it up to 15° during the day. Thick clothes and warm drinks aplenty!

Huge amount of head scratching on our cycling club ride leaders WhatsApp group. Should be able to get out there and avoid the ice but we've yet to decide on the safest route. Decisions, decisions and people we need to keep safe.
Much more difficult to avoid ice at night.

Mars is at is brightests now, wont be this bright (close) again until 2033. Enjoy the clear skies!

-1 all day here since I left at 6am (middle of Baff) just dropped to -1.6 now. Heating had been off 24hrs when I got home 20mins ago - inside still holding 16.5degC. Quite comfortable & content with that. Heating on now & will let it run up slowly for an hour; then go to bed, repeat.

-1 right now but forecast to get to -3 later and this is Haslemere, Surrey ffs. Still all the merchant bankers will have their £50 note stuffed duvets to keep them warm

Screenshot-20221208-070957-Ubi-Bot.jpg

-1 right now but forecast to get to -3 later and this is Haslemere, Surrey ffs. Still all the merchant bankers will have their £50 note stuffed duvets to keep them warm

I find that these modern plastic banknotes just don't give you the lovely snuggly warmth that the old paper ones used to provide.

Not sure what the actual temperature is but it was certainly nice and crisp this morning out in the field with the dog. Quite nice to be able to get through the gate without squelching about in the mud - it's all rock hard this morning!

Great sunrise too.

Edit: Must have been very cold last night; ice on the inside of the kitchen window :eek:.

advertisement

Back