Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Culture War

Discussion in 'off topic' started by droodzilla, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Boris and his band.... Trouble being that like most other comedians on BBC Radio at present they`re not actually funny.

Jimin and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  2. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

[Hurries off to check bank balance]

3. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Which reminds me of a quote by Iain Sinclair, who had just seen an 'alternative comedian': 'I'm not sure what he was the alternative to. Being funny, perhaps'.

4. HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb pfm Member

There isn't really a war though, it's just lots of excitable people being shepherded from one money-making website to another until they can't take it anymore, at which point their cerebral cortex breaks down and they start confusing haircuts with racism.

Cheese likes this.
  5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Not heard either I think, is Hurst the one with a bald head who used to be on a lot of panel shows?

MUTTY1 likes this.
  6. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

To true be funny, the comedians seem to have all the answers & the Govts just doing jokes;)

7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

Yes.

8. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Ah yes, he used to be on ‘they think it’s all over’ quite a bit. Never even realised he was right wing but then he hasn’t been on television so....

9. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

He's also a 'kipper.

10. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

It goes hand in glove

11. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Unbelievable!! https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...s-not-funny-enough-for-bbc-shows-says-insider
    yeah lets dig up Bernard Manning and give Jim Davidson a new career opening cos what we really need is homophobic, racist, anti immigrant comedians... NOT! If a majority of the public turns out to be pig shit thick racists then that does not mean they should be pandered to! "By popular demand, tonight on BBC1, hosted by the ever popular Tommy Robinson, we bring you P*** bashing live from The Crucible, Sheffield!" roll up, roll up!

Stop the world, I want to get off:confused::mad:

FireMoon likes this.
  12. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter more than cis feelings - ΘΔ

The BBC gives plenty of airtime to loads of right wing comedians. Ok, so Rees-Mogg is more of a sprawling Dickensian Gothic, but the rest all seem to be clowning about in a “anything goes” standup routine for the next five years.

I’m laughing, it’s the killing joke. Aren’t you?

FireMoon likes this.
  13. Minio

Minio Not flakey and never soggy ...

Using that logic I would think the left needs a few more to level the field.
    I mean. Who gets more laughs?

BJ or KS?

14. HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb pfm Member

Fags Bags & Mags is funny... though I'm not sure which wing they are.

15. Dave***t

Dave***t Revolutionary relativist

There are no wings in Shop. Except possibly on the Worcester sauce flavoured cherubim on the Wall of Crisps.

16. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’m listening to Radio 4 “The World at One”, and six minutes in after the war in UKraine, the announcement that Moldova was now a candidate for EU accession, came this piece of global news:

“Line of Duty star Martin Compston has responded to accusations he took part in singing “sectarian songs” at a Celtic fan convention in the US”.

Now, GBNews are all over it like bluebottles but the BBC? Radio 4 following the war in Ukraine? Has Nadine been on the blower to editors making sure they know there’s a cultural war on? 5 points for spotting the context and line of attack. @Seanm

17. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

LOL. They like to keep some Irish/Catholic stuff bubbling away, plays well with a certain demographic.

18. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

There’s more than one axis as with Markus Rashford ( black and not getting on with the day job). The Northern Ireland Protocol is getting dumped and those two lippy Provos, Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill need put in their place. No better time to bring back the IRA bogeyman.
    Axis 2: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/line-duty-star-martin-compston-24024422

Kill two birds with one stone.

19. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

Isn't it all they're likely to have?