advertisement

Culture War

Boris and his band.... Trouble being that like most other comedians on BBC Radio at present they`re not actually funny.

Which reminds me of a quote by Iain Sinclair, who had just seen an 'alternative comedian': 'I'm not sure what he was the alternative to. Being funny, perhaps'.

This is not just a race war or a culture war but also a class war.

There isn't really a war though, it's just lots of excitable people being shepherded from one money-making website to another until they can't take it anymore, at which point their cerebral cortex breaks down and they start confusing haircuts with racism.

Unbelievable!! https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...s-not-funny-enough-for-bbc-shows-says-insider
yeah lets dig up Bernard Manning and give Jim Davidson a new career opening cos what we really need is homophobic, racist, anti immigrant comedians... NOT! If a majority of the public turns out to be pig shit thick racists then that does not mean they should be pandered to! "By popular demand, tonight on BBC1, hosted by the ever popular Tommy Robinson, we bring you P*** bashing live from The Crucible, Sheffield!" roll up, roll up!

Stop the world, I want to get off:confused::mad:

The BBC gives plenty of airtime to loads of right wing comedians. Ok, so Rees-Mogg is more of a sprawling Dickensian Gothic, but the rest all seem to be clowning about in a “anything goes” standup routine for the next five years.

I’m laughing, it’s the killing joke. Aren’t you?

I’m listening to Radio 4 “The World at One”, and six minutes in after the war in UKraine, the announcement that Moldova was now a candidate for EU accession, came this piece of global news:

“Line of Duty star Martin Compston has responded to accusations he took part in singing “sectarian songs” at a Celtic fan convention in the US”.

Now, GBNews are all over it like bluebottles but the BBC? Radio 4 following the war in Ukraine? Has Nadine been on the blower to editors making sure they know there’s a cultural war on? 5 points for spotting the context and line of attack. @Seanm

I’m listening to Radio 4 “The World at One”, and six minutes in after the war in UKraine, the announcement that Moldova was now a candidate for EU accession, came this piece of global news:

“Line of Duty star Martin Compston has responded to accusations he took part in singing “sectarian songs” at a Celtic fan convention in the US”.

Now, GBNews are all over it like bluebottles but the BBC? Radio 4 following the war in Ukraine? Has Nadine been on the blower to editors making sure they know there’s a cultural war on? 5 points for spotting the context and line of attack. @Seanm
LOL. They like to keep some Irish/Catholic stuff bubbling away, plays well with a certain demographic.

LOL. They like to keep some Irish/Catholic stuff bubbling away, plays well with a certain demographic.
There’s more than one axis as with Markus Rashford ( black and not getting on with the day job). The Northern Ireland Protocol is getting dumped and those two lippy Provos, Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill need put in their place. No better time to bring back the IRA bogeyman.
Axis 2: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/line-duty-star-martin-compston-24024422

Kill two birds with one stone.

advertisement

Back