advertisement

Crown D-150 - tech recommendations

jimmymcfarrell

pfm Member
Recently purchased an untested (so broken) Crown D-150 for a couple quid and sure enough it is broken.
One channel completely gone & loads of DC on output. The other channel makes a noise but sounds like a radio that’s badly tuned in.
Probably a bit beyond my capabilities to fix so looking for recommendations of someone that could get it going. I’ve got 2 Crown D-75s & a D-60 currently in use so keen to see what the bigger version has to offer.

Recently purchased an untested (so broken) Crown D-150 for a couple quid and sure enough it is broken.
One channel completely gone & loads of DC on output. The other channel makes a noise but sounds like a radio that’s badly tuned in.
Probably a bit beyond my capabilities to fix so looking for recommendations of someone that could get it going. I’ve got 2 Crown D-75s & a D-60 currently in use so keen to see what the bigger version has to offer.

I can sort that for you but not until towards the end of the year.

Okay. Thanks for your reply. Well it’s good to hear that you sound like you are busy. I’m in no hurry to get it sorted, it’s not like I need it at the moment. I’ve took the cover(s) off & there’s quite a bit of rust inside the amp. Could I possibly email you some pics just to get an idea if you think it looks worth bothering with. I know you can’t tell much just from pics but maybe a case that a quick glance will make you say “just scrap it”. Regards

Okay. Thanks for your reply. Well it’s good to hear that you sound like you are busy. I’m in no hurry to get it sorted, it’s not like I need it at the moment. I’ve took the cover(s) off & there’s quite a bit of rust inside the amp. Could I possibly email you some pics just to get an idea if you think it looks worth bothering with. I know you can’t tell much just from pics but maybe a case that a quick glance will make you say “just scrap it”. Regards

OK yeah PM me and we can take it from there. I have two DC300A's myself actually... not that I ever use them...

advertisement

Back