Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Crowded House - 'Dreamers Are Waiting'

Discussion in 'music' started by BertieWorcester, Jun 10, 2021.

1. BertieWorcester

BertieWorcester What-ho!!

Has anyone else partaken of this new offering?

Having liked them throughout the nineties, and enjoyed their renaissance a decade or so ago, I was quite looking forward to this one even though my personal tastes have moved on somewhat.

It's not half-bad IMHO. It's pleasantly listenable, and there's definitely some decent moments on there and the unmistakable CH house sound is still alive and kicking.

The re-adjusted line-up means that you now get three 'Finn's' for the price of one. There's nothing like keeping it in the family I suppose.

maccar likes this.
  2. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I've listened to this a few times - wasn't too sure at first but it improves on repeated listenings.
    I particularly like the last few tracks.

3. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall pfm Member

I've listened to it a couple of time but there are no songs that really stand out for me. Back in the day, anything Neil Finn did had some fantastic tracks, I haven't heard anything like that from him since the second Finn brothers album.

It definitely isn't bad but I don't expect to make heavy repeated listening.

Pedro83 likes this.
  4. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

Didn’t realise the Finns had got back together, will go and look up.
    Saw live in 90s , great gig.

5. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Tim’s contribution to woodface was crucial. I quite like his solo stuff too.

Amber Audio likes this.
  6. Saxondale

Saxondale pfm Member

I’ve been enjoying this. Although it has made me nostalgic and go back to listen to Together Alone again. What an album!

deebster likes this.
  7. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

It is rather splendid isn't it? A great production (Youth), a bit dark and moody (Black & White Boy) and all the better for it IMO. Fingers of Love - what a track.

I find most of the CH/NF/Finn stuff takes a while to get into, but then pays that back over many years.

Saxondale and BertieWorcester like this.
  8. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Big Canoe is one of my fave LPs.

9. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

Not sure Tim is involved in the new album, seems like it's Neil, Nick Seymour, and some others.

10. david ellwood

The title track is amazing

Amber Audio likes this.
  11. BertieWorcester

BertieWorcester What-ho!!

Sorry to report that Tim isn't in on the party. The Finn's I'm referring to are Neil and his sons Liam and Elroy.

Nick Seymour and Mitchell Froom complete the line-up.

12. david ellwood

Mitchell is always good news

13. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall pfm Member

My favorite Crowded House album!

Private Universe, Distant Sun and Fingers Of Love are all mega tracks for me.

Saxondale and Woodface like this.
  14. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

Is that the Mitchell froom from irs

15. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Don't know about IRS (the record label?) but MF the (Woodface and others) producer, who was married to Suzanne Vega for a while.

16. david ellwood

Latin Playboys is worth a listen too!

17. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

Mitchell froom played on couple tracks on REM’s document, got feeling he may have production credits somewhere.