Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Croft phono + p3esr, streaming?

Discussion in 'audio' started by phelixoflaherty, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Have the recently purchased above system with a cca direct into the amp.
    Vinyl and cds sound great, but I'm looking for advice on how to improve the sound from the Chromecast audio ( spotify).
    Thanks

2. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 Big Country Member

Get an external DAC as you can output digitally from the CCA via Optical for a noticeable improvement

phelixoflaherty likes this.
  3. jamesd

jamesd pfm Member

If you want to go very inexpensive, I imagine used original Rega DAC must be pretty inexpensive on your side of the Atlantic? I believe the toslink input was the same as the DAC-R?

4. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

5. marshanp

marshanp ellipsis addict

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=184489813513

(no connection to the seller)

I have one of these - it is hard to beat, and more versatile than its competitors. Auralic stopped making it about a year ago, presumably because it is good enough to take sales from their much more expensive streamers. The control app is excellent - you do need an iPad or iPhone or iPod 6 to run it, though.

It has both an onboard DAC and digital outs - does your CD player have digital input?