Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Croft 25R phono

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Fretbuzz, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Will add some pics later but it's a standard one with two volume pots and original valves.

Top physical and working condition. No transformer hum.

Only moving on as I no longer have a turntable so it's a bit wasted.

£775 posted in UK.

Cheers.

2. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Best pre amp I've ever known. I can't imagine anything ever sounding better. Playing mine now with a Quad 303.

Truly well priced too !

3. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Why do things never look dusty until you photograph them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

myles likes this.
  4. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Cheers, and yeah it's a sweet, musical delivery for sure.

5. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Hi , How old is the unit and are you the first owner , Also where are you in the UK , Is it on original valves , estimated hours ?

Thanks

6. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

The valves are never likely to fail. (Famous last words....)

7. Disarmamant

Disarmamant Certified foo free

8. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

That is totally incorrect.
    Preamp' valves, when used as in a Croft and broadly similar designs, essentially never fail - ask around.

9. Disarmamant

Disarmamant Certified foo free

They can, and do last a long time, but will eventually fail. Never say never.

10. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

One of the best pre amps you can own for not much north of half price and folk are chattering about valves !

Zombie and myles like this.
  11. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Sorry , Just noticed it does say original valves in your 1st post

12. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Hello. Not sure about the age or number of owners. Bought from a member here and never crossed my mind to ask tbh. I can check.

Nothing about it shows any sign of wear or mileage.

13. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

14. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Hi , Any update on this ?

15. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

It is the current front layout and that is something like 6? 8? years old, certainly moderately recent.

16. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I owned a Croft 25 micro basic about 10 years ago , That had the dual volume controls fitted , I thought the more recent units were fitted with a single control,

OP do you have the serial number ? If you do can you PM me please and I can ask Glen via email ( Before the cricket season starts ) :D

17. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Hi Rob, you have a PM.

18. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

The current version - Croft Acoustics Micro 25R Line Pre Amplifier at Audio Affair

Dual concentric volume is an option and someone out there, not Glenn, is offering a remote control conversion.

Probably every Micro and Vitale ever built that has not been abused, will still be working, certainly there are 30-40-year-old units still running fine - they come up on EPay not infrequently, people here run them. There is nothing to go wrong in them and even if something did happen, they are so simple to repair........

Fretbuzz likes this.
  19. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Sold STP

Vinny likes this.
  20. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Hi - really sorry but I had an offer already waiting when this came in.

Cheers,
    Rob