advertisement

Cricket 2022 - for all things cricket this year on PFM

Seriously Jos Buttler is my choice so no need for me to look further. And I would keep him at 3 until he smacks a century in less than 100 balls. :)
Regarding captaincy: India is set to have 6 captains this year. That is an alternative way to go. Rotate it and take the pressure off while giving others a taste of responsibility.
edit 15 fastest Test centuries : West Indies 4, Australia and NZ 3 each, India and Pakistan 2 each and 1 South African. Fastest 54 down to 75 balls. Amusing that 5 of them were against Australia though.

I'm backing Zac to grind out a double hundred Boycott style to anchor England's winning response.

Magnificent again from Root and Bairstow.
If they survive the first 20 minutes tomorrow England should win this.
ps I still want Buttler :)

Yup, Root and YJB aren’t bad lately.

Hopefully, England can manage another highest ever successful run chase without needing a(n) heroic Stokes / Leach partnership this time.

Thoroughly enjoying watching this crazy new way of playing test match cricket, it's totally nuts.That opening stand was immense stuff to witness.

Can't help feeling they'll end up losing both Yorkists early tomorrow morning though then end up 50 runs or so shy of the total.

Hope I'm wrong.

He was. Another Yorkshireman btw (even though he went to Durham - which isn't all that far removed to be fair)

If Bairstow or Root are out early tomorrow I fear it will be game over , so hoping they both make
a 100+ .Stokes will be bazball mad and make 30 in an over and be out with not much batting to come .However fingers crossed we can win !

Ooh a page ago on this thread - all doom and gloom. Where is the optimistic England fan?!?

Fastest 100 opening partnership in ages by England, and then a 150 partnership has set this up. Win or lose, they are playing sooo much better, and should be applauded for it.

If England had have dropped those 2 catches, the knives would have been out… that’s how fickle some can be.

Fine margins…

Thoroughly enjoying watching this crazy new way of playing test match cricket, it's totally nuts.That opening stand was immense stuff to witness.
Can't help feeling they'll end up losing both Yorkists early tomorrow morning though then end up 50 runs or so shy of the total.
Hope I'm wrong.

Exciting Test cricket every day ! Why not ? Bat to win for the team instead of bat for your boring average as Boycott did.
Today is a 'sell out' again as the number watching Test cricket has gone up since 2019 (during Covid !).
I prefer to think of it as playing your natural game: someone like Stokes is as likely to get out defending as trying to hit a boundary, perhaps more so.
If they are both out early it will tough to win but who cares we have had a wonderful summer of positive cricket.
I have given the matter a h u g e amount of thought and have decided Buttler will play at No2 in my team: don't want him coming in to 'steady the ship' after the inevitable early wicket. He either is the early wicket or destroys the opening bowlers :)

Yes wonderful summer of test cricket so far. I was lucky enough to be at day three of the Headingley game against NZ. It's a pity that the proper cricket has to stop now for the rounders competition. Anyway hoping to make Lords for day two against SA with my two brothers- weather permitting should be a good day out.

advertisement

Back