advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Maybe what is needed is cricketers who have two strenghts, their first might be batting, bowling or wicket keeping and their other strenght would be fielding.

Get rid of all these supposed all round players and concentrate on cricketers with a specific skill set rather than trying to make someone do everything.

Bairstow seems a little shy of taking the gloves these days so perhaps there is a fitness reason for him not being picked for wicket keeping duties ? lets see who they pick for the next test as Bairstow may be unable to play

A good start today but then the bowlers went off the boil , robinson breaking down with an injury as well .They should really have bowled the Aussies today so the rest of the game looks likely to be another loss

Tickets for day 1 V SA at Lords sorted on 17/8/22. Never been to Lords, so looking forward to it. So my England cricket summer is: Day 2 V NZ at Trent Bridge, Day 1 v India at Edgbaston, and Day 1 V SA.

Sorted.
Excellent. Which stand at Lords?

Compton Upper. I’ll suss the ground out and poss select a different stand next time I go. Mrs C is going with me, so I’ll need to locate the Pimms stall;)
That's the new stand. Been in the old Compton many times but haven't tried that yet.
Not far to go for Pimms, directly behind the entrance to your stand is the main refreshment area:)

Warning...Lords food and drink prices might make your eyes water

I’ll bet! Tbh most cricket grounds temp up prices for England games, don’t they? It’s ok - it’s all part of the occasion. We will go to the game as part of a 4 night London break…

3 quick wickets for England before stumps ,everyone said why did Broad miss some tests as he always bowls out Warner !
Still looks like it will be another loss . Interesting that Billings did ok as he has been playing Big Bash T20 for the last few weeks so would not expect him to do as well with the red ball .

MMm indeed. We need to find some batsmen who can bat consistently in all conditions. The bowling unit is as good as any others, if there are runs on the board.

The pain has now ended

This stung more than the 2017 thrashing when at least we had some excuses - Stokes in prison, Root new captain etc. Only Wood and Broad acquitted themselves well. It is difficult to look forward to the future with any hope as all of the players who occasionally turn up and play well are now over 30. Root said this series would define his period as captain……

Hopeless batting again unfortunately , shame as Wood had put ina match winning performance .
There really needs to be some serious coaching in how to bat in a test match , blocking balls is allowed ,there are days of play not hours !

advertisement

Back