advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

And a woman beater.

He denies this.

Information on the case seems somewhat muddled though his attitude undoubtedly harmed his cause.

In the absence of solid information I have no opinion.

Though sound on cricket his opinions on other matters are very dubious.

Saw it was 100 without loss this morning when I left the Belfast hotel for brunch - just back at hotel and now 193-8, pathetic indeed.... on a decent track too

Very disappointing performance. The bowling was much better than last night and the ball was moving around in a way that the England bowlers just couldn't manage.

Root said India managed to get reverse swing. Controversial?
I do t think so. The Sky experts were saying with the pitch and outfield having dried out over the previous four days then the ball would probably abraded and hence the sideways movement.

Well done India they are made in their Captains image and deserve their success. How will the England selectors and Root react to the defeat? Bring backWood to vary the bowling attack maybe; regards the batting line up I haven’t the foggiest and it’s the last test before the Ashes in Oz!

I stand by what I said before, bad slip catching, batting that is either good or pathetic and bowling that looks tame at times when you look at how India bowled.

England need to take a long hard look at the whole team and red ball cricket to see if they can copy what made the white ball England cricket team number one.

The issue is that could take years and with white ball cricket on the up with ODI, T20 and the 100 plus all the overseas white ball contracts I doubt England will make it again as a serious test team because players now play to the way white ball cricket is played.

The skills that red ball cricket demand, good slip catching, long stay batting, long stay bowling and proper team strategy are just not being taught for red ball cricket these days as white ball cricket uses a different game plan and most of the test team all play short game cricket.

I wonder who they will drop for the next test?

It is not surprising India have better players with a much larger pool of players to choose from. The IPL has brought a lot of money and coaching into Indian cricket and it shows. They bat down to 10 and have excellent reserve bowlers. They can even field better than England now! Just compare the run out England missed and the one India got: pivotal.

Very poor batting , India did bowl well but the England batsmen made it look like they were chucking mortar bombs . We definately need them to somehow play a lot more red ball cricket , practice makes perfect

Cheer up its not all bad news as we have found a bowler in Robinson and a batsmen in Hameed.

Silverwood having experimented with youth seems to have decided that the experiment has failed and has gone back to the players in Ali, Bairstow and Malan who were not good enough down under in 2017 just in time for our next drubbing at the hands of the Aussies. I think our fast bowlers will do ok but he obviously doesn’t fancy Leach and Ali is not in the same class as Lyon.

Anyway, Old Trafford next with a weather forecast that should favour swing bowling.

A weather forecast that should favour hours lost and a draw.
I’m going on Sunday.
I expect to get quite wet.

It the Indian attack that deserves credit for this win. Not clear if any other batting side would have fared any better than England. Bumrah was in top form, his wicket taking deliveries were unplayable. Jadeja and the other bowlers did their bit

Thakur ought to have been Man of the Match.

5th test cancelled - India forfeit - series drawn.

A real shame and given how we played in three of the four matches it doesn`t seem fair to draw the series.

advertisement

Back