advertisement

Cranky ebay seller with anti tamper stickers

It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that there are people out there who might buy equipment just to get free spares, I never heard of anyone using anti-tamper labels this way though. I doubt that it would protect him in an eBay/PayPal “not as described” case anyway. Best avoided I think.
Thanks Strictly I have vast experience of ebay policies so my own thought was that it wouldn't protect him..... But why should I go through it? I have run away from the item as fast as my little legs would carry me. :)

Good Morning All,

Frankly having previously spent over 10 years trading on eBay absolutely nothing would surprise me so I can understand the sellers position up to a point.

There was an interesting thread on the Land Rover Series Two Club forum recently about the antics buyers get up to including returning items to the likes of B&Q having part used them, put stones in and re-sealed the lids as unused.

As a seller up against the deviousness of assorted potential low-lifes what do you do?

Regards

Richard

As suggested upthread, if genuinely concerned why not ‘invisibly’ mark the back of the drivers with one of those UV pens the crime prevention people used to hand out? Put your postcode on them, or something, and photograph them, marked up, before shipping.

As suggested upthread, if genuinely concerned why not ‘invisibly’ mark the back of the drivers with one of those UV pens the crime prevention people used to hand out? Put your postcode on them, or something, and photograph them, marked up, before shipping.

If the original drivers don't come back, where do you tell the detectives to detect with a UV light? Or do you inspect them when they come back and then then tell eBay the invisible ink isn't there? Would eBay take any action?

If you're going to that trouble wouldn't it make more sense to just photo the back of the drivers (including S/N if there is one) and include it as part of the listing? On the other hand the buyer could just say you swapped the drivers before shipping.

I guess it seems to me to make more sense to be up-front with your method, as the seller has done.

I guess it seems to me to make more sense to be up-front with your method, as the seller has done.
I once saw a camera in a s/h shop with a price sticker on the lens (not the lens cap, but the glass itself). I think the OP considers this seller to be doing something effectively similar?

Why the hell is he doing this? Does he not know on ebay the buyer is king? If you bought those speakers and changed the drive units to some crummy ones you could send them back for a full refund (inc. postage). This is why I stopped selling on ebay years ago.

advertisement

Back