Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracked ceramic hob, is it dangerous to use?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Sloop John B, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Sloop John B

Sloop John B pfm Member

I stupidly dropped an olive oil bottle on the corner of our ceramic hob and there is now a long thin crack on the right hand corner of the hob. Does this make the whole hob dangerous or is it safe to use other non cracked “rings”.

[​IMG]

We have a replacement coming but parts travelling from Germany and will take another 2 weeks to land and I’m missing my omelettes.

.sjb

2. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Use the undamaged bits, no drama. Don't soak it in water, but even if you did it's RCD protected unless your wiring is over 40 years old.

Sloop John B likes this.
  3. Somafunk

Somafunk pfm Member

I have a full crack running side to side of my IKEA 2 burner induction hob right through where a pan/pot is placed so I gorilla taped round the edges of the hob and onto the worktop to hold it down, been like that for year so far and I’m not dead yet

Sloop John B likes this.