advertisement

Covid 19 - Tally

My daughter is being tested. (a registered nurse working on a covid-19 heavy ward)

She spiked a temperature yesterday.
Still has a low grade pyrexia today.

Daughter has told me not to worry.

My daughter is being tested. (a registered nurse working on a covid-19 heavy ward)

Hope she's ok, or a mild dose. Fingers crossed, good luck.

It’s almost impossible not to worry, Tabs, and I feel for you. But the stats are in her favour. In some ways, this is another, albeit extreme, media ‘craze’ - like the ‘dangerous dogs’ stuff, or Islamic terrorism, in that it suits the media agenda to highlight the scary stuff, the deaths, the risks, etc, because that is what gets website impressions, or sells newspapers. So try to keep centred. It may not be Covid, but if it is, the chances are, it’ll be mild to moderate (no worse than flu). An if it is, she’ll hopefully then have a measure of immunity (plus at least an extra week off work when she’s feeling a lot better but can’t yet go back in). Wish her well from us, and that goes for you, too.

I feel for you. As a parent of a nurse myself and worn the same shoes as you and your good lady are currently wearing. Keep positive!

It’s almost impossible not to worry, Tabs, and I feel for you. But the stats are in her favour. In some ways, this is another, albeit extreme, media ‘craze’ - like the ‘dangerous dogs’ stuff, or Islamic terrorism, in that it suits the media agenda to highlight the scary stuff, the deaths, the risks, etc.
Agree with the media craze thing. More like a frenzy. All headlines now include Corona virus. It's like being beaten about the head with it.
What I also dislike is the constant barrage of figures and graphs which seem to ignore the basic references such as population, death rate from more significant causes and the birth rate.
There are enough sufferers from ocd around me without all this disproportionality.

My daughter tested negative.

Good.

Not sure when she will be back on the front line.

She only has a low grade pyrexia now.

I wasn't overly anxious, as what will be will be. I am pretty good at being calm when unknowns are hitting (or missing) the fan.

Well, the pandemic is on here. Tonight my partner, D., is quarantining away from home. This because her sister has tested positive, and they were in contact last Sunday. Sister in turn, we assume, caught it from other sister, who seems to have caught it while in hospital. That sister died July 8th.

And I'm here taking care of D's 87-year-old mother, wondering how this is all going to work out.

Well, the pandemic is on here. Tonight my partner, D., is quarantining away from home. This because her sister has tested positive, and they were in contact last Sunday. Sister in turn, we assume, caught it from other sister, who seems to have caught it while in hospital. That sister died July 8th.

And I'm here taking care of D's 87-year-old mother, wondering how this is all going to work out.

sorry for the loss and i sincerely hope the rest works out in the best way possible.

Deep condolences.

We lost my father-in-law about a month ago to Covid as so many families have, all over the world.

Don't despair.

From my church - Universalist-Unitarian - so no deity necessary:

COVID-19 Grief and Gratitude Ritual

Cathy Rion Starr

This morning, we share a ritual to recognize deaths due to COVID-19, to note the particular pain of grieving in isolation, as well as to lift up gratitude for all those on the front lines: health care workers, grocery store workers, janitors, domestic workers.

All: We light this candle

One: In honor of all those working on the front lines in hospitals, nursing homes, grocery stores, and gas stations.

One: To send our love to those dying in isolation, especially those who we know and those who are loved by those we know.

One: To send our love to all those grieving deaths of all causes.

One: In recognition of the enormity of this pandemic’s impact on each of us; on those we love; on everyone, especially those already challenged by poverty, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, xenophobia, and more.

One: In grief. In honor. In recognition. And most of all, in Love.

Don, that's tough on you all and I'm sorry for your situation. Please take my best wishes for you and those close to you.

Felt a little crappy this morning. Went out and got myself a COVID test. Results in 3-7 days.
Feel fine now.

I'm part of the ZOE Covid Symptom study. 2 weeks ago I had one of the symptoms and they sent me for a test in Milton Keynes (about 10 mins away). Test was at 09:50, -ve result happened at 17:05 the same day. Very impressed.

Some good news.

Daughter has her Nursing degree (95% for her dissertation) and apparently that is a good pass. She has also been asked to publish her work, which was about HIV care.
She has also been offered a job on a Respiratory ward (covid central at the moment) which is her first choice of speciality. (she is working now on the unit)
I am sparkling with pride for her.

advertisement

Back