advertisement

Covid 19 - Tally

Anyone else in this boat?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...advent-calendar-covid-19-symptoms-paul-garner

Over 2 months for me: mild but recurrent symptoms, but the last bout put me in bed for most of the week.

Yes. but with extremely mild symptoms since the beginning of March when a co-worker was diagnosed with covid. A weekly cycle of recurring sore throat/feeling like i have swallowed a razorblade, slightly runny nose and catarrh with a sensitivity/irritation in my lungs, feeling like I want to cough but not really coughing. then it goes away for a couple of days but soon returns.

My cycling has been awful since then, no energy for high intensity efforts and no endurance. feel generally rubbish on the bike, so much so I dread the morning commute by bike, which I have virtually stopped.

It isn't going away, just repeating over and over. I am pretty sure it is/was a covid infection and I am beginning to wonder if it is ever going to go away or if I have to live with this long term from now on.

Yes. but with extremely mild symptoms since the beginning of March when a co-worker was diagnosed with covid. A weekly cycle of recurring sore throat/feeling like i have swallowed a razorblade, slightly runny nose and catarrh with a sensitivity/irritation in my lungs, feeling like I want to cough but not really coughing. then it goes away for a couple of days but soon returns.

My cycling has been awful since then, no energy for high intensity efforts and no endurance. feel generally rubbish on the bike, so much so I dread the morning commute by bike, which I have virtually stopped.

It isn't going away, just repeating over and over. I am pretty sure it is/was a covid infection and I am beginning to wonder if it is ever going to go away or if I have to live with this long term from now on.
You need to take a proper rest instead of trying to work through it, especially if you work with others and still have symptoms.

I don’t have any classic symptoms though, no fever, no cough, generally feel ok apart from these mild effects and lower energy than normal. i never did have any fever or coughing, or a time when i felt really ill.

Just these weird recurring symptoms.

Has anyone had Covid confirmed by testing?

I don’t have any classic symptoms though, no fever, no cough, generally feel ok apart from these mild effects and lower energy than normal. i never did have any fever or coughing, or a time when i felt really ill.

Mrs P-T and I were confirmed Covid positive about a month ago. We’d been feeling a bit ‘off’ for a week or more, but nothing that flagged up any alarms on the NHS website. No fever, no cough = no Covid according to the guidance. We never had either symptom but got steadily grottier, severe fatigue, muscle pains, other symptoms of a bad cold (headache, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough). It never got quite as bad as proper flu (we got out of bed every day, but then had no energy for anything but sitting around). But as well as the fatigue, we found an inability to focus, to concentrate or apply oneself to work, or a book, or anything requiring any sort of mental faculties.
Oh, and the sense of smell and taste disappeared, quite suddenly, but no obvious reason - no blocked nasal passages or anything.
Still not quite right, smell/taste returning slowly, still not fully in command of my mental faculties, still get tired if I attempt anything too challenging. And I seem to have spontaneously injured an Achilles’ tendon, despite no exercise whatsoever. Probably coincidence, but I’m starting to wonder.

This virus appears able to **** with anything in the body, in the wierdest ways. Would certainly suspect it in this Achilles tendon business, though I have not the slightest idea how it would do it.

i am very busy these days (working in health care), but i had to take a bit of time to counter the establishment (and essentially old-school republican) media feeds tones keeps posting.

Has anyone had Covid confirmed by testing?
Wouldn’t know how to go about getting tested, although I have spoken to a doctor. Smoking gun in my case was my frostbitten toes. That was fairly early on - nearly 2 months ago now - and it only really knocked me out last weekend.

I worked through it - and ate, drank and exercised through it, in relief, after every minor bout - until it completely floored me last week. Will be taking it very easy now until all symptoms have gone.

Wouldn’t know how to go about getting tested, although I have spoken to a doctor. Smoking gun in my case was my frostbitten toes. That was fairly early on - nearly 2 months ago now - and it only really knocked me out last weekend.
Mrs P-T is NHS, so got tested when a colleague was confirmed positive and her symptoms started to look a bit more suspicious in context. I got tested as a member of the household, also displaying similar symptoms. Stupid NHS guidance meant that, by then, she'd already been in work for a few days while mildly symptomatic - I really wonder at the reasoning behind the NHS 111 guidance fixation on the fever and the cough.

I would have thought that, given your symptoms, you'd now be a good candidate for testing, especially as Mr Hancock's facilities are gagging for throughput, aren't they?

when we rang 111 they appeared to do everything possible to put us off seeking treatment or testing ,saying to stay at home . I felt if things had got worse ringing 999 or A & E would be the option .
This was when testing was about 1,500 a day

I worked through it - and ate, drank and exercised through it, in relief, after every minor bout - until it completely floored me last week. Will be taking it very easy now until all symptoms have gone.
Hope its mild, soon gone and you're ok very soon, Sean.

Yes, take it easy; if it's Covid, and it sounds distinctly possible, then our experience has been that not overdoing it, or trying to 'push through' probably aids faster recovery. Hope you're much better, very soon.

So, just like the PM, you thought 'powering through' would be the solution? :rolleyes:

Seriously, take it easy and hope you're back to health soonest.

Good luck Sean. I hope that is the worst of it over.

When you say 'frostbitten toes' do you mean the 'Covid toe' symptoms that has been in the news recently?

I will once again repeat my standard advice. Get a pulse ox and check your blood oxygen a lot. COVID pneumonia is a great killer, and it can sneak up on you. You can be losing lung function and not feel it until advanced.

Mrs P-T and I were confirmed Covid positive about a month ago. We’d been feeling a bit ‘off’ for a week or more, but nothing that flagged up any alarms on the NHS website. No fever, no cough = no Covid according to the guidance. We never had either symptom but got steadily grottier, severe fatigue, muscle pains, other symptoms of a bad cold (headache, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough). It never got quite as bad as proper flu (we got out of bed every day, but then had no energy for anything but sitting around). But as well as the fatigue, we found an inability to focus, to concentrate or apply oneself to work, or a book, or anything requiring any sort of mental faculties.
Oh, and the sense of smell and taste disappeared, quite suddenly, but no obvious reason - no blocked nasal passages or anything.
Still not quite right, smell/taste returning slowly, still not fully in command of my mental faculties, still get tired if I attempt anything too challenging. And I seem to have spontaneously injured an Achilles’ tendon, despite no exercise whatsoever. Probably coincidence, but I’m starting to wonder.
I hope both you and your wife recover fully and quickly. Surely this forum and multiple other organisations (professional and leisure) would suffer orherwise :)

Last edited:
Good luck Sean. I hope that is the worst of it over.

When you say 'frostbitten toes' do you mean the 'Covid toe' symptoms that has been in the news recently?
Yes, had them from around mid-March: like very nasty chilblains on every toe, which is what I took them for. Cleared up slowly and are making a comeback, now that my lungs seem to be clearing. F---ing really annoying virus, just seems to go all round the houses, again and again, looking for weak points, of which it seems I have many.

I will once again repeat my standard advice. Get a pulse ox and check your blood oxygen a lot. COVID pneumonia is a great killer, and it can sneak up on you. You can be losing lung function and not feel it until advanced.
Thanks, I did do this and found it reassuring. Of course I wondered if I was right to be reassured but spoke to a doctor friend running some kind of Covid operation and it's what they recommend, they're giving them out to some patients.

advertisement

Back