advertisement

Covid 19 - Tally

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
I thought it might be useful to record some statistics of fishes experiences.

This brings up an immediate issue of actual diagnosis vs. self-isolating with a very bad cough/cold. For the sake of this thread I think a dose of Flu is good enough reason to isolate whatever the causative virus, and counts in this case.

This tread is not intended to add to the misery, but maybe add some real-life to the proceedings.

As of today, now, I know of no one who has anything like Covid-19.

Various parents in their 70's and 80's are okay, so far.

We live in Nottinghamshire.

Tally = Nil

My work colleague and his wife have had it and are now recovering.

He is 67 and in good health - he said it was like flu, not nice, but not that bad.

His wife is 66 and in less good health - again she has had flu like symptoms and is recovering, but more slowly than him.

Tally = 2

It may add something to indicate the country / area that the sufferer is in.

Thank you.

> Tally = 3

I'm in Southport. North West. Work for solicitors firm with 8 offices. 10 mile commute by car across country to Maghull. Closing our doors to face to face client contacts next week. Plenty of work via post and email. Some court hearings coming up during April. Mostyn is advocating switching to telephone hearings or using Skype and social media.
Wife at home. Still have account with local wholesaler from when we ran a B & B from home; Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Home Bargain, B & Q, Currys, Argos and hospital within a mile in either direction. Daughter with special needs at home, now confined to home as activities and day centres closed. Respite care arrangements on hold.
One member of staff currently self isolating, and some friends both with underlying health issues too.
Tally so far = 0 Thank God.

West Yorks, UK. I've had symptoms since Monday, but so mild I can't be sure they aren't psychosomatic!

However, today other family members reported similar mild symptoms. No-one feels ill and looking at 111 info we don't have it. No cough or fever.

I mostly work from home and was already minimising contact, haven't been out this week. Waiting to see if symptoms develop, but if anything they're going away.

Recently it was confirmed that an elderly gentleman in the borough of Windsor and Maidenhead had caught it and was having to stay at home for a bit.

West Yorks, UK. I've had symptoms since Monday, but so mild I can't be sure they aren't psychosomatic!

However, today other family members reported similar mild symptoms. No-one feels ill and looking at 111 info we don't have it. No cough or fever.

I mostly work from home and was already minimising contact, haven't been out this week. Waiting to see if symptoms develop, but if anything they're going away.
Same. Unfortunately mild symptoms seem to be pretty indistinguishable from those of anxiety, so I basically have them if I take the time to think about it.

Anyway, 2 colleagues are very sure they've had it and recovered, very large but indeterminate number of friends and acquaintances think they probably do. London.

I know of many friends and work colleagues who are self isolating as a result of suffering flu like symptoms, pretty sure they haven't had tests though, approx figures from this week are
Wirral - 2
Crewe -about 6
Edinburgh -22
Belfast -3

A few suspected cases in the factories, some people self isolating. Many of us working from home including me. I was due in for a meeting today, cancelled it and will pursue individuals by phone later. Of the people reporting symptoms, a number are psychosomatic or simply swinging the lead.

A high temperature (pyrexia) is not psychosomatic. If there is no pyrexia, then it is unlikely to be Covid19.

(cautionary comment - paracetamol is an 'anti-pyretic' and can disguise a high temperature if taken regularly - worth finding out a thermometer and doing a regular check of all family members if concerned. From my knowledge, Covid19 always has an associated high temperature - it is partly the high temp. that makes one feel soo ill)

I know of many friends and work colleagues who are self isolating as a result of suffering flu like symptoms, pretty sure they haven't had tests though, approx figures from this week are
Wirral - 2
Crewe -about 6
Edinburgh -22
Belfast -3

Are these people you know?

Same. Unfortunately mild symptoms seem to be pretty indistinguishable from those of anxiety, so I basically have them if I take the time to think about it.

Anyway, 2 colleagues are very sure they've had it and recovered, very large but indeterminate number of friends and acquaintances think they probably do. London.

See my post about a high temperature.

There is another issue that I have heard raised once on the BBC about disguising symptoms by using anti-pyretic drugs.
Basically - your body creates a high temperature to kill off the invading virus. If you take drugs that lower a temperature, then you are potentially hindering your body's seif- defence mechanism...

If you have had flu in the past (I have) then it is difficult to 'ride out' a high temperature. I felt very out of sorts. A dead give away of having a high temp. is feeling cold and/or shivering, whilst the ambient temperature is normal 'room temperature.' There is a fine balance between letting your body heat up to kill the virus, versus treating the signs & symptoms of the virus.

Unfortunately mild symptoms seem to be pretty indistinguishable from those of anxiety,

I find that encouraging, as anxiety is in my DNA.

My daughter in a village east of Norwich, where I live, is concerned about her severely disabled (all aspects) 3 to 4 year old daughter, who had a temp. of 39.2 this morning, it seems. She'd been to a centre with similarly disabled children yesterday and previously, and another child from there has gone down with suspicious symptoms. However, she did contract chickenpox last week. Confirmed cases in Norfolk and esp. around Norwich haven't changed too much since the weekend (as of yesterday).

Some good info. there, TABS.

I struck me that there are sufficient numbers of potentially at risk fishies spread throughout the U.K. to collate trends or incidences; as indeed your thread may initiate. Then I thought that if one succumbs to the virus in anything except a mild form, they'd probably be too ill to post on pfm !

advertisement

Back