advertisement

Couriers who ship mattresses - anyone you'd recommend?

ex brickie

pfm Member
A number of companies online wont ship this size (kingsize 200x150x30cm)

Shiply look like one option - anyone used them or anyone else? It is to go from Sussex to west Wales

Sturdy roof rack, lots of rope and a dry day if you’re making the trip yourself. ;-)

Tried Shipley this morning. Remarkably quick at getting quotes to me then when you ask a question "........... silence . I will persevere.

Tried Shipley this morning. Remarkably quick at getting quotes to me then when you ask a question "........... silence . I will persevere.
They can probably send you a quote whilst driving.
Answering questions is probably easier when they’re finished for the day!

Well.... if the no. of bookings is as high as the website suggests, there must be a BIT of admin support behind it :D

I've decided to just pay my deposit and will see if they can collect on one of the dates I've suggested!

If others are interested I can post something on here with my overall experience....

Removals company that I know has a sideline - delivering furniture (Duh!) - because of precisely this sort of demand. When household removals are quiet (seasonal and also hardly anyone moves early in the week) his vans are put to use with local furniture retailers.

You could give someone like that a call if it goes pear-shaped.

Removals company is a good idea. They can have space on loads going near to your delivery address. Ask all the local removal companies.

Be careful with Shipley, allegedly if things go wrong then they will not support you at all as they insist it is the couriers fault not theirs. Been reports lately of items going missing by unscrupolous couriers who haven't been vetted.

Good to know. I’ve selected one that isn’t the cheapest but has a high volume of feedback. Waiting to hear back!

Vogons ship mattresses widely across the Galaxy for free, but are particularly both very unpleasant and litigious/ignorant about the whole business.

There's no guarantee your shipment from Sqornshellous Zeta will actually be dead & ready for use on arrival, either.

-1 thumb, would not buy again.

The 'deposit' is actually Shipley's fee for middle management. If you do find someone good then next time you can snip them out.

Yep that sounds right... I got hold of the company themselves and they finally got bac to me and quoted a collection date back to me different to the one I asked for! Let's see how it goes....

I used a courier through Shipley and he was excellent, transporting a sofa from Shaftesbury in Dorset to just west of Bristol. Charge was £40. He is based in Newport, Gwent, I’ll be happy to let you have his contact details. PM me if interested.

advertisement

Back