advertisement

Courier's bearing gifts

Google "involuntary bailment".

Thanks @DuncanF

Just to update this thread I contacted Yodel again and apparently they’re coming today to collect the misdelivered parcel and are also going to deliver the dogfood but I don't know if that's the parcel of dog food that's gone missing or the replacement sent from Zooplus.

Curiously when I track the missing pet food parcel and enter the postcode of the other person’s address then it won’t track but if I enter my own postcode it does track and it’s the date and time that the other parcel turned up but if I track the other parcel using my postcode it, again, won’t track but if I put the other postcode in it tracks the parcel and reports that it was delivered four minutes after it was delivered to me so clearly the person who’s parcel is missing has my dog food but according to yodel it’s been reported by someone, me at least, and they’re dealing with it apparently.

Amazon once delivered a massive box of equally massive ladies underwear to my house. It was clearly addressed to a Doctor in Berlin. I live in St. Leonards-on-Sea. Amazon and the original supplier weren't interested, the underwear didn't fit me, so I gave it a local charity shop.

Amazon once delivered a massive box of equally massive ladies underwear to my house. It was clearly addressed a Doctor in Berlin. I live in St. Leonards-on-Sea. Amazon and the original supplier weren't interested, the underwear didn't fit me, so I gave it a local charity shop.

Aye that was the advice I received when I contacted Zooplus the other day who've been brilliant, I have to say, and Yodel to be fair this is really the first time I can rember having issues with them despite them delivering loads of items here every year.

Last edited:
Latest update for anyone still interested.

The Yodel driver turned up this morning at half seven and picked up the third party's parcel then he returned about half an hour ago with the replacement dog food but he nearly left someone else's parcel again:rolleyes:

Anyway I asked him what happened with the first dogfood parcel and he said that the other person has already returned it which is fair enough.

Yodel also phoned me this morning and asked if I'd recieved the first dog food parcel or have found it, obviously the answer to that is, no!

There must be something clearly wrong with Yodel's delivery system if the driver was still going to drop someone else's parcel here this morning after incorrectly delivering two parcels last week, even worse he picked up one of those incorrectly delivered parcels from here earlier on.

TBH, couriers are running about like headless chickens, ever since the pandemic,
online deliveries has gone through the roof, not surprised mistakes are happening.

I was on a job in Bishopton leafletting, saw a lassie cutting about the street,
parcels under her arms for various addresses, when i passed her Picasso,
it was rammed with packages, no wonder they get mixed up.

And I dare say she has no goods in transit cover and driving around insured for social domestic and pleasure. Great until she has a bump or worse.

And I dare say she has no goods in transit cover and driving around insured for social domestic and pleasure. Great until she has a bump or worse.
Good point, bet she didn’t think of that, neither did I for that matter,
bet the only thing the company asked her was does she have any points on her licence,
maybe she’s a agency worker,no uniform and there was enough there for a full shift.

maybe she’s a agency worker,no uniform and there was enough there for a full shift.
Unfortunately neither do they until their vehicle gets broken into or nicked or their involved in an rta Then they realise very quickly how expensive a mistake it was.Same thing applies to the “just eat” brigade too

bet the only thing the company asked her was does she have any points on her licence,
They won't even ask that. She will be self employed, contract will say she needs a licence, a vehicle and adequate insurance. Points are an irrelevance, it's licence and adequate insurance that they just might do some due diligence on.

advertisement

Back