advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

Shoot! A planned leisurely drive home over two days after two weeks on Islay turned into a dash back after 10 minutes sharing a cafe with a man with a cough led to us both getting raging sore throats and coughs. Inevitably we have tested positive, with Mrs hc25036 being pretty unwell and me just thoroughly miserable. Ironically we could have had the booster if we hadn’t been away.

Shoot! A planned leisurely drive home over two days after two weeks on Islay turned into a dash back after 10 minutes sharing a cafe with a man with a cough led to us both getting raging sore throats and coughs. Inevitably we have tested positive, with Mrs hc25036 being pretty unwell and me just thoroughly miserable. Ironically we could have had the booster if we hadn’t been away.

Best of luck to you both!

I had the 4th booster jab in July. Seems effective given the number of people around me who have had Covid lately. I’m just sailing through nicely :)

There can be a plus side.....
Great friend has been on a cruise in the med for the last 10 days but her friend who she is travelling with tested positive yesterday. So, instead of coming back home today she is staying on the ship for another week, cruising the Greek Islands without paying any extra. Both girls are gutted:)

I haven't been back to UK since I have been staying in China since the start of Covid nearly three years ago. I will travel to Hong Kong an then fly from Hong Kong to Heathrow to visit my 87 years old relative who lives in Portsmouth.

Other than taking precautions like wearing a mask and washing my hands while travelling, what other precautions should I take while I am flying and inside the National Express coach?

I have had three Sinovac jabs in China but I would like to have the bivalent Covid jab. How do I book for the jab?

I have had three Sinovac jabs in China but I would like to have the bivalent Covid jab. How do I book for the jab?

FFP3 mask is probably the best you can do. People have largely given up on masks now so keep yourself as safe as possible by maintaining your distance, even outside.

You can't book the bivalent jab explicitly- you're given what's on offer on the day either the new or the old. There won't be much difference in practice, the Omicrons have evolved greatly since last year (only the US has the BA5 booster). Here's how to book

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

I've just contracted Covid - 1 week after getting the booster so I guess not enough time for it to have much effect. Symptoms are a very sore throat, swollen glands in neck, tired, nauseous, and a dry cough that developed into a very chesty cough. Not as bad as a bad case of flu but worse than a cold. My colleague who hasn't yet had the booster caught it the same time as me, he has been in bed all week with fever and extreme fatigue.

I've just contracted Covid - 1 week after getting the booster so I guess not enough time for it to have much effect. Symptoms are a very sore throat, swollen glands in neck, tired, nauseous, and a dry cough that developed into a very chesty cough. Not as bad as a bad case of flu but worse than a cold. My colleague who hasn't yet had the booster caught it the same time as me, he has been in bed all week with fever and extreme fatigue.

Frustratingly I caught it within days of getting the jab too! Hope you're feeling much better soon.

"Reports that new health secretary, Thérèse Coffey, has rejected her officials’ expert advice to procure an additional 70,000 doses of monkeypox vaccine are deeply concerning and shortsighted.

Less than a month into the role, Coffey is said to have gone against the recommendation of those who have been leading the country’s response, and made a critical decision that leaves the UK vulnerable to future outbreaks of monkeypox."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...fey-uk-monkeypox-vaccination-gay-bisexual-men

advertisement

Back