advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
With rising Covid cases, York MP Rachael Maskell has called for free lateral flow testing to continue for another three months in England - as is being done in Wales. Health Minister Maggie Throup rejected the idea, saying: "We have moved on and broken the chain of transmission."

"Repeating what many have already said, but for the Health Minister @maggie_erewash to say that we have broken the train of transmission is both completely wrong and concerning at her lack of understanding of the situation." [Hardly surprising if your advisors no longer meet!]

https://twitter.com/john_actuary/status/1509091264783962113?cxt=HHwWgsC-sdCgr_EpAAAA

They're just outright lying now frankly, but also a lot of people are in the 'who gives a shit' category thanks ti the media/government 'it's done' messaging so they're getting away with it.

They're just outright lying now frankly, but also a lot of people are in the 'who gives a shit' category thanks ti the media/government 'it's done' messaging so they're getting away with it.

The war dominating everything doesn't help. Johnson got the better of Starmer today about his resignation owing to Starmer's capitulation to Johnson a couple of weeks ago.

It looks like my luck has ran out - had a bad fever in the night, spent today in bed and and have now tested positive. I have done a home PCR test and stuck it in the post so hopefully some anti-virals will turn up before the weekend.

It looks like my luck has ran out - had a bad fever in the night, spent today in bed and and have now tested positive. I have done a home PCR test and stuck it in the post so hopefully some anti-virals will turn up before the weekend.
Best wishes. The data suggests that the anti virals do a very good job for those of us that are clinically vulnerable. I hope that they get them to you quickly and do their stuff.

87 188 cases, (positivity is the same, 11%, as a fortnight ago) 213 deaths and 2 280 admissions (28/3), 15% up on last Wednesday and the 2nd highest figure this year.

It looked to me as if the number of hospital admissions had reached its peak. Having one day's figures not fit the pattern is not good news, but the previous few days did suggest to me that we had reached the peak of admissions.

It looked to me as if the number of hospital admissions had reached its peak. Having one day's figures not fit the pattern is not good news, but the previous few days did suggest to me that we had reached the peak of admissions.

It does look to be slowing a bit - maybe. It's dangerous to read too much into lower points on weekend figures. I was disappointed to see that positivity is unchanged, although cases, at least superficially, seem to have been falling...

Managed to get away to Lanzarote with SWMBO without either of us having succumbed to the virus over the last couple of years - Ryanair flight was mandatory in flight mask wearing pretty well adhered to. Like others have said, everyone I know has either got it atm or had it recently, I do actually wonder if when we were under the weather for a week or so over Christmas we actually did have it but tested negative by LFT?

My wife has tested positive too, 24 hours after I did, so I presume this means she didn't catch it from me rather we caught it at the same time/place (family wedding we couldn't really say no to) and it she took an extra day for symptoms to develop. At least I can dispense with wearing a mask around the house now, using a different bathroom and bedroom. My son who lives on the other side of the country has tested positive too having been to his first concert since the pandemic started.

Good reality-check from Christina Pagel in The Guardian. We are where we are.

Maybe it's worth thinking about the sheer scale of the current hospitalistations - 10x the level of this time last year (2 280 vs 225) as we emerged from lock down. The average daily rate of 2022 is 1 380 (equivalent to half a million per year). A year ago we had 2nd doses to look forward to and the rollout of vaccines to younger age groups. Just now there is nothing on the horizon, only the school holidays and the hope of some respite.

Day 10 and still testing positive - all be it a faint line. Fit note issued by Gp for 7 more days. Feeling a bit better, but still lethargic and lacking in energy. Fed up with it now - its a selfish thought in the great scheme of things but we are having to cancel life whilst I wait for the all clear. Bah humbug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back