Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus - the new strain XXII

Discussion in 'off topic' started by SteveS1, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Multiple cases in my son's class (year 6). Trajectory seems to be very similar to last year, perhaps a little more advanced; next few weeks / months look set to be carnage, especially considering how lax people are with basic things like masks, distancing etc.

tiggers, twotone, IanW and 2 others like this.
  2. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

@Seanm - omicron seems to cause unusual heart events - fast and irregular heart beats. Coetzee reported this. And previous variants are known to cause heart problems. Anything on Twitter about this? It could be the reason governments are being increasingly cautious.

3. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Flu jab for both me and the wife tomorrow ( I never ever get flu) and we’re apparently getting our boosters too plus my wife is getting an iron jab (supplement).

tiggers and gavreid like this.
  4. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

you’ll be like a pair of colanders :)

canonman and twotone like this.
  5. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Catchy.

6. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It’s clear where the talent in that family is.

7. cubastreet

cubastreet Espresso Fiend

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Well he’s clearly in the same basic ballpark as Eric Clapton and Van Morrison, whereas his brother just lets other people sing the wrong words to a White Stripes song.

tiggers likes this.
  9. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

According to Wiki their dad was an electrical engineer and expert in power rectifiers.

10. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Oh, great. No, took the evening off. And look what happens!

11. Joe P

Joe P Memory Alpha incarnate / mod

12. brian2957

brian2957 pfm Member

That's where Mr Steve Baker should go and leave Heaven to the rest of us.

tiggers likes this.
  13. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

23 votes again the mask regulations tonight. The noise doesn’t reflect political reality any more than it does rational debate about public health policy. It’s bullshit culture war.

14. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

The family are not full of hot air, just warm, damp and smelly air.

15. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

All I sodding well need. I get all that shit already without having a back up virus lurking about waiting to do the same to me.

As for masks. I was leaving our local B&Q today when I noticed a bin full of packs of paper masks at 50p per pack. I need some more, but was beaten to the bin by a bloke who walked in without a mask, picked a pack out of the bin, opened it, put one on his face and threw the remainder of the pack on an adjacent stand with hand cleanser and tissues on it.... for the use of customers..except him obviously. Next he spent an interminable amount of time rummaging through the bin of masks, taking some packs out, putting them back and so on until I gave up waiting and left. WTF?

tiggers likes this.
  16. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Children off with confirmed or suspected covid remains very high, especially when compared to summer term. Half term did cause a drop but new transmission has driven more cases again.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1465690083609042946/photo/1

If we break it down by secondary and primary you can see v clear differences. Teen vax looks to be making a big difference in secondary schools, while primary schools are seeing more children off than ever before. This is without routine testing of primary school kids.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1465690088851992579/photo/1

tiggers likes this.
  17. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

But it’s all the government’s fault, they make some of the public behave like this… apparently!

18. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Last night and this mornings news has been led by the Governments response to the threat of Omicron with a new enthusiasm for booster vaccinations which to me seems odd given that, as far as I am aware, the scientists have not confirmed the efficacy of the current vaccines to the new variant. Is my interpretation of these events correct?

19. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

My partner was just telling me yesterday how the classes in her kids’ school are getting fuller again so hopefully that’s the vaccine doing its stuff. They need to get vaccines into the primary kids ASAP!

gavreid likes this.
  20. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Indeed WTF and this is the reason why if a really deadly variant of the virus comes along which does escape the vaccine we will be well and truly done for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.