advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as bad as if you drilled into the earth and set off a supervolcano.
I posited a plausible scenario. It's happened in nature. And we are drilling into the earth without knowing how deep the crust is.

Have you been vaccinated AAMOI.
It's none of your business, but it's not a secret, of course.

Selective pressures put on the virus? Like the ones that lead to its extinction?

Jeez, I never had you down as a proponent of biodiversity.

Joe

Considering the vast majority of the new cases will be 'Delta' I am seriously hoping that vaccinations make rapid progress.
Never mind if the % of deaths following admission falls drastically, we simply do not need that much pressure on the NHS.

Considering the vast majority of the new cases will be 'Delta' I am seriously hoping that vaccinations make rapid progress.
Never mind if the % of deaths following admission falls drastically, we simply do not need that much pressure on the NHS.

I think that's right. It's now a game of catch up in vaccinations and boosters across all age groups asap. I don't know if you have already but watch the iSage presentation today.

I liked it because I will be very glad to see the back of wave after wave of crass insensitivity.
I think some here have become over-sensitive, or rather overprotective of an increasingly rigid set of beliefs about the situation. In that kind of context fairly innocuous stuff starts to look like trolling.

Sean,

I think some here have become over-sensitive, or rather overprotective of an increasingly rigid set of beliefs about the situation. In that kind of context fairly innocuous stuff starts to look like trolling.

I have a lot of time and respect for your views, even though I don't agree with everything you write. As far as I'm concerned, you are not on thin ice here and this isn't about policing views I disagree with.

But patience has worn extremely thin for people who ask a question, then can't be bothered to have the detailed answer register and be retained time and again. Well, then there's that and the deliberate goading — firing one off at another poster — only to delete the evidence after the target has seen it. It's childish and I am by no means the first or only target of that.

As I mentioned a page back, the ban applies only to this thread. mandryka is free to post about audio, music, wine, ... whatever.

That's all I wish to say about this.

Joe

How over-sensitive can you be when 150,000 + people have died in this country whilst at the same time reading posts that suggest that Boris Johnson has done a good job?

I've also been on the end of some ad-hom from the member in question, though I might have stoked it; but however philosophical you want to be, calling a mod a ****er kind of betrays whatever intellectual high ground you might think you've got.

Anyway, moving on; I had my booster yesterday (Pfizer) - originally had booked an appointment for 23rd Dec but got one at a walk in centre on the off-chance, and it's knocked me for six. Uncanny replication of many of the symptoms I experienced when I had Covid: headache, earache, all over body pains, fatigue, struggling to sleep. Feeling marginally better and hoping that carries on but ultimately pleased I have had it done now rather than risk having Xmas a complete write off as it was last year.

Equally I think some posters have forgotten that we have members who have lost loved ones and for whom the pandemic is a lot more real. It's not an interesting academic exercise to them.

That doesn't mean this stuff can't be discussed. But a degree of sensitivity and consideration is perhaps appropriate.

Not directed at you Sean.

Anyway, moving on; I had my booster yesterday (Pfizer) - originally had booked an appointment for 23rd Dec but got one at a walk in centre on the off-chance, and it's knocked me for six. Uncanny replication of many of the symptoms I experienced when I had Covid: headache, earache, all over body pains, fatigue, struggling to sleep. Feeling marginally better and hoping that carries on but ultimately pleased I have had it done now rather than risk having Xmas a complete write off as it was last year.

I wonder if there is a link between those who are crocked by the jab and those who would be/were crocked by covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back