advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently some doctors in USA are starting to refuse to treat anyone not vaccinated.

I imagine this wouldn't be universally supported given medical staff are meant to keep people alive but I can't say I blame them and would even go so far as to support them.........

Actions or, in this case, inactions have consequences???

Regards

Richard

We never get figures for discharges from hospitals, so it's difficult to know whether the hospitalisation figures are building to another crisis, or represent a sort of equilibrium. I believe the duration of hospitalisations has come down a lot, which suggests the discharge rate has increased, at some point.

We never get figures for discharges from hospitals, so it's difficult to know whether the hospitalisation figures are building to another crisis, or represent a sort of equilibrium. I believe the duration of hospitalisations has come down a lot, which suggests the discharge rate has increased, at some point.

The number in hospital has been falling a little as the new admissions have fallen - it's on the dashboard. This will likely rise again though after the recent rise in case numbers. Here's the last detailed breakdown (when admissions were leading discharges at the end of August)

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statisti...s/2/2021/09/Covid-Publication-09-09-2021.xlsx

I imagine this wouldn't be universally supported given medical staff are meant to keep people alive but I can't say I blame them and would even go so far as to support them.........

Actions or, in this case, inactions have consequences???

Regards

Richard

Yep they are tired. Mentally and physically very tired.
Vaccines have been available for months. It must be soul destroying working so hard to save people who will not help themselves.

37% of people have symptoms six months after infection

Now researchers at the University of Oxford, the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and the Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) have shed fresh light on the scale of the problem after studying more than 270,000 people recovering from coronavirus in the US.

They found 37% of patients had at least one long Covid symptom diagnosed three to six months after infection. The most common symptoms were breathing problems, abdominal symptoms, fatigue, pain and anxiety or depression.

“The results confirm that a significant proportion of people, of all ages, can be affected by a range of symptoms and difficulties in the six months after Covid-19 infection,” said NIHR academic clinical fellow Dr Max Taquet. “Over one-third of patients were diagnosed with at least one of the long Covid symptoms between three and six months after their Covid-19 illness.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ople-have-symptoms-six-months-after-infection

From the BMJ: "Ordinary doctors like me are scratching our heads, wondering what the JCVI knows that isn’t in the public domain, because it’s difficult to understand its calculations or where the numbers came from. Meanwhile, the decision not to support vaccination of teenagers—although now overruled by the chief medical officers, who considered the wider effects on society—has led to confusion and mistrust and is feeding into vaccine hesitancy."

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj...=hootsuite&utm_content=sme&utm_campaign=usage

From the BMJ: "Ordinary doctors like me are scratching our heads, wondering what the JCVI knows that isn’t in the public domain, because it’s difficult to understand its calculations or where the numbers came from. Meanwhile, the decision not to support vaccination of teenagers—although now overruled by the chief medical officers, who considered the wider effects on society—has led to confusion and mistrust and is feeding into vaccine hesitancy."

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj...=hootsuite&utm_content=sme&utm_campaign=usage
Innuendo and outright attacks on the JCVI are less helpful still. She ought to know that the CMOs didn’t overrule the JCVI, they came to a different conclusion based on a different remit. All the various bodies need to think long term about trust, legitimacy and so on - which requires them all to be cautious, and clear about what they can and can’t do.

The questions she reports parents as asking, meanwhile, seem perfectly reasonable, and not to be confused with vaccine hesitancy. If she doesn't like vaccine hesitancy she should lay off the conspiratorialism, IMO.

My daughters friends are dropping like flies, another this morning. The school bus has been downsized to a single decker. Public ill-Health England has told the Head to keep the school open. There's no lessons being posted online either, no sign of vaccines, no permissions forms, nothing. A mighty fine mess - hopefully the public inquiry will (eventually) consider the hesitancy to vaccinate children and the role played by JCVI...

My daughters friends are dropping like flies, another this morning. The school bus has been downsized to a single decker. Public ill-Health England has told the Head to keep the school open. There's no lessons being posted online either, no sign of vaccines, no permissions forms, nothing. A mighty fine mess - hopefully the public inquiry will (eventually) consider the hesitancy to vaccinate children and the role played by JCVI...

Exactly the same at my partner's kids' school... a complete mess, she's filled in permissions forms for the vaccine, but the school reckon November at the earliest. Meanwhile no masks, no distancing, little testing... and yes the JCVI have scored an own goal as the number of kids saying their parents don't want them vaccinated is increasing and has to be in part down to the mixed messaging from the authorities. Sadly I have no confidence in any 'public' inquiry either... it will be a whitewash! Meanwhile the dead keep on piling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back