Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gavreid, Sep 21, 2021.

1. twotone

twotone pfm Member

My daughter’s booked in for her booster on Sunday, she’s had both jabs, last December and February this year, I think, but her vaccine protection from the virus is clearly waning and she’s a GP so NHS Scotland clearly aren’t taking chances with front line staff.

Tony

Ps @gavreid and the others best of luck guys.

2. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

+1

tiggers and hc25036 like this.
  3. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

Good Morning All,

50 deaths in Scotland yesterday, a figure not seen since February...............

I also don't understand how we were seeing rising figures (infections) until a week ago and then a sudden drop?

Regards

Richard

4. IanW

IanW pfm Member

I was also on chemo earlier this year and was advised that the chemo would have wiped out my immune system (spent 2 weeks in hospital with a stem cell replacement to get my immune system restarted) and that I needed to to start again with the Covid vaccination and all other vaccinations that I have had.

gavreid likes this.
  5. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

"While children with COVID-19 obviously have a much higher chance of a good outcome than a young man on a World War I battlefield, lions are again being led by donkeys. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that I don’t know the names of any World War I generals, though I am sure I’m not alone. We’ve mostly forgotten the names of those donkeys. We should make sure that the politicians and academics who send unprotected children into classrooms filled with COVID-19 are remembered for more than their unparalleled capacity for self-pity, inglorious oppression fantasies, and juvenile trolling of public officials who need bodyguards for the sin of trying to protect young people from a dangerous virus."

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/lions-led-by-donkeys/

tqineil and tiggers like this.
  6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Here’s the breakdown geographically. Glasgow has the highest number, region where you are looks low. Should be a data refresh this afternoon to show if Glasgow was a data reporting blip or if there are more people waiting to die.

[​IMG]

7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

31 348 cases and 122 deaths today

No updates from NI today so you can add 1000 to the case figure and 10 to the deaths.

8. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

32 417 cases and 58 reported deaths today, roughly the same as last Sunday.

9. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

tiggers likes this.
  10. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

11. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

tiggers likes this.
  12. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

My daughter's school has reverted to masks in classrooms today. The Head Teacher's spin at the start of the year was that Covid is over - fool...

IanW and tiggers like this.
  13. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Good to hear, my partner's kids' school are being pushed by parents to do the same as the cases are growing there (so far her kids have avoided it... but they won't forever).

IanW and gavreid like this.
  14. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

37 960 cases today and 40 reported deaths. No hospital update again today.

15. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

tiggers likes this.
  16. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

Is this anything to do with those people who have declined the vaccine...................?

Regards

Richard

17. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

We need more publicity of this sort of thing as it's happening elsewhere according to a work colleague of mine who works with the NHS in London.

gavreid likes this.
  18. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I read a horrific account at the weekend about a baby with a heart condition having to wait hours in A&E surrounded by kids with covid. The mother left in tears fearing that the baby would have covid and die.

tiggers likes this.
  19. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

The overwhelming majority in hospitals are double jabbed - it's just statistics.

20. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

If we had a media that did their job and properly held the government and other authorities accountable for the jobs they're supposed to do more of this would get reported. As it is we have a shit show of a government and a 'bought off over Leveson' media combined with a generation of people who think everything they read on Facebook about the pandemic being a hoax is true so that images like yours above are obviously a government conspiracy to control the populous. If you presented this as a plot for a Hollywood film you'd be laughed away for it being not believable enough :(

gavreid likes this.