advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Reicher’s representative here then iSage and sage seem to have arrived at the same, IMO sensible, position on “Plan B”:

https://twitter.com/reicherstephen/status/1452221122242617351?s=21

“Key point from @ProfJohnDrury about the SAGE position
It is clear that we need a winter Covid plan.
However some things that are in the plan (vaccine passports) perhaps shouldn't be.
And some things that aren't in the plan (supporting self isolation) should be.

It is almost as if Plan B has been drawn up and is described by the Government in ways that make it deliberately unattractive so as to justify their 'do-nothing' stance.
Ask 'do you want restriction and lockdown' people say no.
Ask 'do you want protection and support' say yes.”

Although Reicher, unlike Sage, skips over the importance of testing, despite the recent Immensa Labs fiasco. And, sorry, but this is typical of iSage. Immensa is a gift to iSage: it demonstrates, unequivocally, that we’re way off herd immunity, that testing works *and needs to be improved*, and that the government is acting dishonestly and negligently. It looks to me like the most significant event in all of this since the summer at least, it could easily be used to force the government’s hand on a number of vital issues, and iSage are still pursuing their vendetta against the largely blameless JCVI.

And where are Labour?

If I still worked, I'd definitely be avoiding the office. Much of my time there was spent in meetings which could easily be done over Zoom, probably more effectively than face-to-face. Plus I'd be able to avoid the office politics, which themselves constituted a health risk.

I've been working from home since the first lockdown and will not be changing that arrangement. That said I'd been telling the company I do most of my work for that doing my job from home is far better for productivity and the environment long before the pandemic, it just took the pandemic to make them wake up to the opportunity.

I am considering reverting to WFH.?
On the one hand it depends on how well you are, how vaccinated you are and maybe how old you are too. And on the other hand, it depends on whether you can work effectively from home, and whether WFH is something you will enjoy.

On the one hand it depends on how well you are, how vaccinated you are and maybe how old you are too. And on the other hand, it depends on whether you can work effectively from home, and whether WFH is something you will enjoy.
Well for my age (though I am currently recovering from a cold), double-vaxxed, pushing 55.
On the other hand I can work more effectively at home and prefer it - 2.5hrs less commuting every day.

Last edited:
You forgot to tell everyone that that’s more than 10% down on last Sunday! And a huge walloping 20% down on last Monday! We don’t want people getting the wrong idea do we?

Just noise, it's reported dates that's all. The 7 days averages are up 10% and 20% for admissions

Shocking for some I guess - a mere 27% increase in deaths.
One does wonder just what this inept bunch of clowns will do.
Ah, yes, I remembered.
Precisely nowt.

Most of them had, for one reason or another, declined the offer of a vaccine or had not had time for the vaccine to have its effect. This is out of date but I haven't heard that it's changed over the past three months. This is more or less born out by some very recent data from Northern Island which you can find easily online.

25756.jpeg

I mention this because I think it's morally important. It would be morally bad for the government to put people in a position where they are risking death by living ordinary lives. But that's not what's happening -- the Government are giving them the offer of a protective shield which some people decline -- and that, IMO, exonerates them.

You can take a horse to water but you can't -- shouldn't IMO -- make him drink.

@mandryka what's the time period for this chart?

Presumably it would have to only include deaths post vaccine rollout to be meaningful.

P.S. When folk share a chart it would be great if they also included a link to the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back